Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

Default Ignition Noise ??

I have a 1980 CJ5 Jeep, with V8 engine. I have very extreme ignition
noise, of course on am only. Fm works fine.

I have replaced the plugs, and later installed high quality, carbon core
plug wires.

What other efforts can I try to get rid of this ignition noise ?

Thanks !

James

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

James wrote:
I have a 1980 CJ5 Jeep, with V8 engine. I have very extreme ignition
noise, of course on am only. Fm works fine.

I have replaced the plugs, and later installed high quality, carbon core
plug wires.

What other efforts can I try to get rid of this ignition noise ?

If it's only on AM, chances are your antenna's ground is bad, probably
corroded or rusted. Possible that the deck itself has a bad ground or
that the antenna cable's shield is loose at the deck connector, but my
money would be on checking the antenna's ground first.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Lee[_20_] Lee[_20_] is offline

James;2291595 Wrote:
I have a 1980 CJ5 Jeep, with V8 engine. I have very extreme ignition
noise, of course on am only.

I have replaced the plugs, and later installed high quality, carbon
core plug wires.

We have a flowchart that helps you narrow down the possible sources;
try it: http://caraudioforum.com/flowchart/, it helps.

--
Lee
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over TWO million posts online!

Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

Thank you so much Lee !!

James

Ignition/Constant Problem kramman75 Car Audio 12 January 25th 07 01:10 AM
Ignition Noise Derek Hudson Car Audio 2 June 5th 04 12:51 PM
How to stop ignition noise on AM ? Nick B Car Audio 11 December 8th 03 05:51 AM
ignition noise Nick Henderson Car Audio 0 December 2nd 03 03:05 AM
ignition noise?? Hamilton Audio Car Audio 10 September 6th 03 04:40 PM