Posted to rec.audio.car
Ben Dere Dun Dat Ben Dere Dun Dat is offline

Default Why does my Positive cable on my Suburban burn when I Use my 600W Amplifier?

That's just way too much power draw for your car's electrical system,
especially if you have the stereo on when you try to start it (i.e, turn
the stereo off). The wires heat up from trying to draw too much current
and the insulation melts. One way way you're going to help solve that
problem is to install a larger alternator and to make sure all your
wiring is of sufficient size and that your power amp is installed
correctly. My guess is that you've "hot wired" it to your car's
electrical system. You need to wire it through a fuse with sufficient
amperage. Consult a professional car sound system installer.

--
Ben Dere Dun Dat
Ben Dere Dun Dat's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=841