Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] shriramosu@gmail.com is offline

Default JVC KD HDR1 or JVC SHX900

HI

I wanted to get a unit with HD radio built in and got a HDR1, it is a
2006 model and has 3 pre-outs 2.5V for front and rear and 2 V for sub,
thinking if I should return it and get a SHX900 from Crutchfield for
$100 more, nicer screen and 5V pre-outs.

I believe the HDR1 is the 2nd gen HD radio so it might be better,
wanted to get thoughts.

Shriram

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
HI

I wanted to get a unit with HD radio built in and got a HDR1, it is a
2006 model and has 3 pre-outs 2.5V for front and rear and 2 V for sub,
thinking if I should return it and get a SHX900 from Crutchfield for
$100 more, nicer screen and 5V pre-outs.

I believe the HDR1 is the 2nd gen HD radio so it might be better,
wanted to get thoughts.

Shriram

Don't you HATE these decsions. As soon as you've bought your new HU, you
always seem to immediately see one you like better. That ALWAYS happens!!!

Yes, the display is MUCH cooler on the SHX900. I suppose if it were me I
would go for the SHX900, if for no other reason than the display.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
winkenstein winkenstein is offline

Don't you HATE these decsions. As soon as you've bought your new HU, you
always seem to immediately see one you like better. That ALWAYS happens!!!

Yes, the display is MUCH cooler on the SHX900. I suppose if it were me I
would go for the SHX900, if for no other reason than the display.

MOSFET

i thnk he should ask Bob Walds opinion on this one,
don't you MOSFET?
i mean, knowing how he's the JVC connoisseur around these parts :lol:
! ! !

sotty, i couldn't help it,
i had to say it :lol: ! ! !

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

you know me n my 5v outs..get that 1!!! you crazy to even ask...lol
how much is it? i'm thinking of going for video in my car soon. prices
seem to be getting better. n jvc is as good as any made......
but i'm leaning towards alpine then clarion then jvc.....

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

jvc is tops in speakers i think. not sure about other stuff....
but you want speakers, subs. you go jvc!!!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

i thnk he should ask Bob Walds opinion on this one,
don't you MOSFET?

Oh absolutely! Finally! A question right up Bob Wald's alley. The "JVC
Expert"!!!

Hit it Bob......

I might even un-block him for this.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

you know me n my 5v outs..get that 1!!! you crazy to even ask...lol

And back on my blocked list he goes.....

Bob, your moment had come, and you dropped the ball.

MOSFET