Posted to rec.audio.car
Sonoman Sonoman is offline

Default Recommendation please

Hello everyone,
I recently had my car stolen and soon I should be able to get another car.
This time I want to be able to protect it a little better. I want to get a
GPS tracking system and I know that many of the installers here may have
expereince with some of them. Can anyone please recommend a good GPS
tracking system? I am also open to alternatives to keep my car safe.

I am not considering the club and the like since I have seen on TV how easy
these are to disable. A garage is not an option, too much money to get one
in South Florida. My Clifford alarm was totally useless, the thieves were
able to disble it without making a sound. I could leave my wife in the car
at night to yell at the thieves, but then, who will keep me warm at night?
You see? I am running out of options, please help.

An to throw in the car stereo part so nobody flames me (please don't) this
is what the thieves got from me:

Alpine CDA 8915 - I think this is the model number, this is the one with the
face that tilts and the blue lights, very nice unit.
Alpine CHA XX12 - The last 12 CD changer Alpine made
TWO Xtant 603x's - this are the ones that hurt the most
Boston Pro's 6 1/2 up front
Boston Pros's 5 1/4 in the rear
TWO Boston Pro 12" subs

Any help on the security/gps system will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

No GPS tracking system will keep your car from being stolen. It will only
assist law enforcement in locating it. Having said that, I keep hearing
good things about Lo Jack (spelling?). Some police depts even have the
software in their patrol cars so they can track it real-time.

What kind of car was it and where do you live?

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
Sonoman Sonoman is offline

Thanks Tony,

It was a 2000 Acura Integra GS-R and I live in Parkland, FL. Just west of
Boca Raton, FL. This is supposed to be a nice area, but it seems to be a
shopping ground for thieves. Go figure!

"Tony F" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg Ericfg is offline

If thieves want your car they're gonna take it regardless of the
security system.

That being said I like "stealth" installs: speakers behind factory
grills, amps hidden out of sight, subs hidden, detachable face-plates
and most importantly:
*never rock out on your home turf*.
The bad guys like what they hear and take what they like.

Eric, in Naples, Floriduh.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Sonoman Sonoman is offline

"Ericfg" wrote in message
oups.com...
If thieves want your car they're gonna take it regardless of the
security system.

That being said I like "stealth" installs: speakers behind factory
grills, amps hidden out of sight, subs hidden, detachable face-plates
and most importantly:
*never rock out on your home turf*.
The bad guys like what they hear and take what they like.

Eric, in Naples, Floriduh.

Hmmm...

It was a stealth install, amps in the tire well (no spare anymore), the
speakers were in the factory locations, the only thing you could see was the
head unit. The car had an alarm and I definitely knew about:

*never rock out on your home turf*

May be I was just very unlucky.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg Ericfg is offline

Hmmm...

It was a stealth install, amps in the tire well (no spare anymore), the
speakers were in the factory locations, the only thing you could see was the
head unit. The car had an alarm and I definitely knew about:

*never rock out on your home turf*

May be I was just very unlucky.

That totally sucks, and I think you were just unlucky. When my car got
nabbed they just grabbed it randomly in the parking lot at work. Of
course when it was found a day later all the good stereo gear was gone.
Least I got the car back and an insurance check for the full price of
the gear.