Posted to rec.audio.tech
MR Cole

Default Audigy 2 Zs digital setup questions.

Audigy 2 Zs digital setup questions.

Okies i have pluged 3.5mm stereo plug to my Audigy 2Zs digital out and
conected it via Coxial to my Stereo System amp Coxial in.

Now the display shows Prologic and Digital, even when its not playing
anything. I have set my system to play digital as well. And when i
play meps they do sound better. But it does sound different to my
Anlaloge Logitech 5300's. Though i would expect it to. Not sure what
sounds better or not at the moment. Ill decide in a week or two.

One weird thing is when i play Divx Movies it does not change on the
display at all. In DVDS if it surround sound it shows the little boxes
to let me know its using the surround speakers. It never shows this
when play divx movies no matter what ones i play. Even the ones with
Ac3. Andoes i know have doible surround sound. Is this normal. Though
it is playing though the rear speakers. Whats a good program to test
my surround sound ?

For games what am i going to get if i play a game with Eax3 or Eax4 or
any kind of surround sound. With my 5300's the sound was great in
games. REAL 3d surround sound. I could tell where i was being shot at
from. Bullets wizzing by ect ect. What will this setup give me ?

Thanks for any help.