Default Boston Acoustics 5x7's; can I mix NX87's and FX8

I am replacing the stock unit in my 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew and plan
on the following set-up (I have already purchased everything but the
amp, but before moving forward thought I'd double check that I made an
ok decision on the speakers):

I have an Alpine 9847 as the head unit and have purchased two sets of
Boston Acoustic 5x7's. (I went with 5x7's because I was told that
6x8's would not fit properly).

The front speakers are the higher end NX87 and and rear speakers are
FX8's.

Will the better front speakers sound ok with the rear speakers?

Sooner or later I plan on dropping in an amp. When I amp it can I get a
2-way and amp the NX87's and let the HU run the rear speakers?

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

:
:I am replacing the stock unit in my 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew and plan
n the following set-up (I have already purchased everything but the
:amp, but before moving forward thought I'd double check that I made an
k decision on the speakers):
:
:I have an Alpine 9847 as the head unit and have purchased two sets of
:Boston Acoustic 5x7's. (I went with 5x7's because I was told that
:6x8's would not fit properly).
:
:The front speakers are the higher end NX87 and and rear speakers are
:FX8's.
:
:Will the better front speakers sound ok with the rear speakers?

I have two different pairs of 5x7 Boston Acoustics in my Ford Explorer
and it sounds fine. It really depends upon the acoustic properties of
your truck and these speakers, but I'll bet you'll be happy with them
even though they are not matched.

:Sooner or later I plan on dropping in an amp. When I amp it can I get a
:2-way and amp the NX87's and let the HU run the rear speakers?

Sure, no reason you can't do that as long as you're able to balance the
sound between front and rear by either using your HU's fader or by
adjusting the amp's gain so it's output matches your HU's output.

Yeah, like the other said. No problems. Use the ones you like best up
front.

Did you see the Boston SL80 plate speakers? Really Really nice
sounding. I think its the best 5x7 speaker I have seen. A little
pricey. About $175/pair on the bay.

YOu need a big spearker in the back. The big speaker is better
compensating
for the bass sound. Usually twiter and small speak are good for
treble and they
are best fit in the front. Usually you need amp for rear big bass
speaker.

Sean Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...

YOu need a big spearker in the back. The big speaker is better
compensating
for the bass sound. Usually twiter and small speak are good for
treble and they
are best fit in the front. Usually you need amp for rear big bass
speaker.

Ugh, not quoting anything that you are replying to is infinitly worse than
top posting.