dennispg

Default DIN / Double DIN / ISO-DIN

Is there any where that I might be able to find exact measurements and
screw hole locations etc for these standards?

I am interested in designing and manufacturing an in-dash device and
need drawings or dimensions of these standards to design my casing
around.

I have only been able to approximations so far.

Thanks!

joe.ker

Why don't you just buy some used or even defective one's, then you can get
exact measurement and be able to use them to test also.

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"dennispg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any where that I might be able to find exact measurements and
screw hole locations etc for these standards?

I am interested in designing and manufacturing an in-dash device and
need drawings or dimensions of these standards to design my casing
around.

I have only been able to approximations so far.

Thanks!

dennispg

Not a bad idea, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Since its a standard I would think all the dimensions and tolerances
should be available somewhere/somehow.

I looked thru the ANSI site, but I dont know exactly what to look for
there.

Scott Gardner

On 21 Mar 2005 19:01:14 -0800, "dennispg" wrote:

Not a bad idea, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Since its a standard I would think all the dimensions and tolerances
should be available somewhere/somehow.

I looked thru the ANSI site, but I dont know exactly what to look for
there.

Well, the ANSI site is probably the wrong place to start, since that's
the American National Standards Institute, and DIN is a German
standard (Deutsche Industrie Norm).

That being said, I don't think there's a standard for either depth or
screw location. Basically, the DIN standard just defines the size and
shape of the opening. A single-DIN opening is 50mm by 178mm, and a
double-DIN opening is 100mm by 178mm.

--
Scott Gardner

"What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless."