imlosthere

Default Adding an amplifier

I have already installed four alpine type-r speakers and a kenwood
kdc-x589.

The speakers are up to 40 watts RMS and 200 peak. the kenwood deck puts
out 22 watts.

I would like to install an amplifier to power the speakers, I would
also like to install a 8-10" sub when I can save the money.
I have found some four channel amps that put out 40 watts RMS, but that
leaves no channel for the sub.

Is there a better way to wire it up?
Should I use a five channel amp?
Can I go over the 40 watt RMS rating continously with a larger amp that
puts out say 60 amps RMS?

I am a auto mechanic by trade which means I know just enough to get me
in trouble so any help is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark