Geo

Default 2nd room speaker query

I recently purchased a sony str-de675 and am trying to figure out the
remote (it's hideous). There is a button for "2nd Room", but the owners
manual has no explanation of this function. Any ideas as to what it
might be? I presume it's to use speakers in another room, but the
receive has no other hook ups except for the main speakers.

David Malone

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:35:27 -0400, Geo wrote:

I recently purchased a sony str-de675 and am trying to figure out the
remote (it's hideous). There is a button for "2nd Room", but the owners
manual has no explanation of this function. Any ideas as to what it
might be?

Some Sony receivers (such as my ES receiver) have a 'second room'
feature which, as you've correctly surmised allows you to hook up a
second set of stereo speakers for use in another room. They have two
sets of jacks unlike your model but they sell the same 'universal'
remote with many of their models so it has to be able to handle that
feature.

David "The Hamster" Malone