Riverside Tom

Default Speaker Polarity help

I have a Cerwin Vega AT-15 woofer and I am not sure how to determine
polarity. There is an orange dot on one of the terminals. Does the
orange dot indicate Positive or Negative?

Thanks

Tom

François Yves Le Gal wrote:

Orange should denote positive. Anyway, it's pretty simple to check polarity
yourself : connect a small 1,5 to 9 V battery across the terminals, with +
to orange, - to the other and check if the cone moves outwards at contact.
If it does, orange is positive, if it moves inwards, orange is negative.

For everything except JBL, by the way. Different drummer, and all that.

Cheers,
Francois.

Per Stromgren

I wrote:

Do you mean that JBL redefines "positive"? I suggest not. Perhaps they
differ in the color-coding from some de-facto standard, but that is
nothing else completely, right?

"Something else" of course. Sorry about that!

Per.

Per Stromgren wrote:
I wrote:

Do you mean that JBL redefines "positive"? I suggest not. Perhaps they
differ in the color-coding from some de-facto standard, but that is
nothing else completely, right?

"Something else" of course. Sorry about that!

Quite, quite. I meant to say most speakers move outward on positive
voltage on red terminal and JBL does the opposite.

Francois.

Speaker Polarity Paul Harris Tech 29 July 14th 04 05:06 PM
My equipment review of the Bose 901 TonyP Audio Opinions 65 February 13th 04 01:06 AM
Comments about Blind Testing watch king High End Audio 24 January 28th 04 04:03 PM