Michael Squires

Default Tape shutoff on Tascam 122 broken

I have an older Tascam 122 cassette recorder (the original model, not the
B/II/III) which seems to work except that the end-of-tape shutoff shuts
off the transport even if there is a tape in the transport.

I've seen some discussion which suggest that this was not an unusual problem
with these, and if anyone remembers the solution I would like to know this
before I get into this unit.

I have verified that the output side of the shutoff electronics is sending
out the shutoff signal, and I've picked up the belts for the shutoff
rotating magnet and the capstan motor, but haven't installed them yet.

Mike Squires
msquires at cs dot indiana dot edu
--

Mike Squires (mikes at cs.indiana.edu) 317 233 9456 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at siralan.org 546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408

There sure are a lot of "newbie" analog tape questions lately chetatkinsdiet Pro Audio 54 August 2nd 04 12:00 AM
Technics ST-8600 tuner - meaning of the jacks Jonathan Berry Tech 8 July 20th 04 05:26 PM
Tape transfer: Tascam 1" 24 tr > DAW or Radar John Noll Pro Audio 0 March 24th 04 02:12 AM
Tape Problem Geoley Pro Audio 4 August 9th 03 07:45 PM
FS - Tascam ATR-60 16 track analog tape machine tuneblender Pro Audio 1 July 30th 03 02:45 PM