Sean

Default New Ford Explorer factory radio sucks - What to do?

I just bought a 2003 Explorer and as I drove home one of the first
things I noticed was the poor reception for FM stations I had received
fine in my 99 explorer.

It's annoying driving around town but I make a couple of long cross
country trips each year and I like to scan for local stations while
driving.

So, the poor reception will likely make these very long trips even
longer.

I'm not interested in the most tricked out, mp3 playing stereo. Just
good reception to plug into the factory sound system. Maybe some
extras like multiple CD player but I can't think of much else I'd
need.

So, a couple of questions.

Would a new stereo fix my reception problems or is it likely to be due
to the antenna?

Given my pretty basic requirements, does anyone have any suggestions
of what to buy?

Thanks
Sean

Tony Fernandes

XM or Sirius? I don't know if you're looking for local stations just to
listen to music, or for local news. You'd still need FM for "local" stuff.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"Sean" none wrote in message
[...]

Soundfreak03

You might check some other of the same year vehicles to see if they are
the same way, might just be a bad connection from the antenna somewhere.

I have a 2003 F-150 and the factory radio had great FM reception. Well it did
for the first week and then I replaced it.

Les