Sanjay Punjab

Default Malfunctioning Clifford 7000 intelliguard alarm

I have had a Clifford 7000 intelliguard alarm (2 battery backup
sirens, radar sensor in the trunk) for about 3 years.
I recently moved to a cold climate. Temperatures are now below 10
degrees some days and nights. Often when I arm the alarm, it triggers
20 seconds to 5 minutes later (no warning, just full siren). A couple
of times it has triggered a few hours later.
I am not sure where the problem is coming from.
I get 3 chirps and 3 led blinks, but the Clifford manual has no entry
for 3 blinks.
Before moving, I did notice this problem about 3 or 4 times over the
years.
Has anyone else had problems with Clifford alarms in colder weather
that is similar to this?
I would assume if it was a sensor problem, I would be getting a
different blink pattern.
I would appreciate some advice. Thanks
Steven M. Scharf

I've seen the cold problem, but not on a Clifford. In my case it was related
to the hood pin-switch, but I don't think any alarms still use pin switches
for the hood.
You're probably going to have to replace the alarm with something else
unless you can have it fail during the day, at the installing dealer. These
types of intermittent problems are hard to troubleshoot, and if it's a
typical DEI dealer, as I experienced, they'll be "trying things" until
you're dead.

Some cheaper alarms use electronic components that are not rated for below 0
degrees C, but I can't imagine that this is the case with Clifford.

"Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
om...
I have had a Clifford 7000 intelliguard alarm (2 battery backup
sirens, radar sensor in the trunk) for about 3 years.
I recently moved to a cold climate. Temperatures are now below 10
degrees some days and nights. Often when I arm the alarm, it triggers
20 seconds to 5 minutes later (no warning, just full siren). A couple
of times it has triggered a few hours later.
I am not sure where the problem is coming from.
I get 3 chirps and 3 led blinks, but the Clifford manual has no entry
for 3 blinks.
Before moving, I did notice this problem about 3 or 4 times over the
years.
Has anyone else had problems with Clifford alarms in colder weather
that is similar to this?
I would assume if it was a sensor problem, I would be getting a
different blink pattern.
I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Paul Vina

I've seen the cold problem, but not on a Clifford. In my case it was
related
to the hood pin-switch, but I don't think any alarms still use pin

switches
for the hood.

Most alarms use pin switches for the hood, whether they're the OEM pinswitch
or an aftermarket.

You're probably going to have to replace the alarm with something else
unless you can have it fail during the day, at the installing dealer.

These
types of intermittent problems are hard to troubleshoot, and if it's a
typical DEI dealer, as I experienced, they'll be "trying things" until
you're dead.

We never did. If it had a problem the unit went back to DEI for repair, end
of story. Some dealers will replace the unit and some will send it back for
repair and reinstall it when it gets back (usually less than a week
depending on shipping time).

Paul Vina