Contortion

Default Microphone to record vocals + classical & acoustic guitar

Hi,

What would be the best microphone to record a classical guitar, an
acoustic guitar and vocals? My budget dosen't permit me to bought
more than one mic.

Dynamic or condenser mic?

Rode NT-1a, NT-3, Audio-Technica, AKG???

Thanks!!
P Stamler

What *is* your budget? A Neumann U-87 would probably do a fine job, but it's
out of most folks' range.

Peace,
Paul
Rick Hollett

AT 4033. I can't say enough good things about this large diaphram condenser.
They've updated it, but the original mic w/shochmount has yet to fail me. I
prefer it over the Neuman U87, sweeter top end and more presence overall

Rick Hollett
Record Time Productions
"P Stamler" wrote in message
What *is* your budget? A Neumann U-87 would probably do a fine job, but

it's
out of most folks' range.

Peace,
Paul

Richard Kuschel

"P Stamler" wrote in message
What *is* your budget? A Neumann U-87 would probably do a fine job, but

it's
out of most folks' range.

Peace,
Paul

AT4033 isn't a "large diaphragm condensor" which is probably why it works so
well in so many applications.
Richard H. Kuschel