Posted to rec.audio.pro
bob[_5_] bob[_5_] is offline

Default Chandler TG2

do people here love this preamp as much as I'm reading around the
netterweb? I'm still building my room so don't even really know what
it's going to sound like yet, but i have gear lust and can afford it.
i'll probably get something like a saffire 56 to give me 10 channels
total, or i'm still thinking about the presonus 16.4.2 board. i know
they're very different. anyway, mainly wondering if anyone here has
thoughts on the chandler... oh, main point is there's a local used one
for under 2 grand and apparently it'll be worth at least that
forever?? thoughts? thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

bob wrote:
do people here love this preamp as much as I'm reading around the
netterweb? I'm still building my room so don't even really know what
it's going to sound like yet, but i have gear lust and can afford it.
i'll probably get something like a saffire 56 to give me 10 channels
total, or i'm still thinking about the presonus 16.4.2 board. i know
they're very different. anyway, mainly wondering if anyone here has
thoughts on the chandler... oh, main point is there's a local used one
for under 2 grand and apparently it'll be worth at least that
forever?? thoughts? thanks!

I found it kind of heavy-handed.. it was a lot more coloration that I would
like for most things, although I could see it being great for that particular
sound. It's a copy of an EMI console front end and I can't imagine having
to use that on every channel... but people did.

If there's a local used one, see if you can borrow it for a weekend with
a deposit and see how you like it.

In general, I think all of this equipment is going to hold its value if it
is well made and sounds good. It's not like MI store crap whose value drops
in half the minute you leave the store with it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 12/6/2010 7:31 PM, bob wrote:

thanks! i can't decide if resale is a good reason to buy gear, but i
suppose spending that much on stuff, it's a good idea to think
about...

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
bob[_5_] bob[_5_] is offline

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:40:05 -0500, Mike Rivers
wrote:

On 12/6/2010 7:31 PM, bob wrote:

thanks! i can't decide if resale is a good reason to buy gear, but i
suppose spending that much on stuff, it's a good idea to think
about...

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?

yeah, that's what i mean. i just maybe want something good and don't
care about selling it later. but then when some gear depreciates worse
than a new car off a lot and some gear will resell well in 20 years
when my ears have fallen off... so i can't decide. but i think, for
now, i'm might just start with my crap gear and see how good i can
make it sound... but i will for sure be grabbing lots of really
expensive cables! ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

bob wrote:
In general, I think all of this equipment is going to hold its value if it
is well made and sounds good. It's not like MI store crap whose value drops
in half the minute you leave the store with it.

thanks! i can't decide if resale is a good reason to buy gear, but i
suppose spending that much on stuff, it's a good idea to think
about...

Resale cost should never be a reason to buy a product... but it is often
a good reason NOT to buy a product.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/6/2010 7:31 PM, bob wrote:

thanks! i can't decide if resale is a good reason to buy gear, but i
suppose spending that much on stuff, it's a good idea to think
about...

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?

Because if you don't, sooner or later your garage looks like mine.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:12:53 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote
(in article ):

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/6/2010 7:31 PM, bob wrote:

thanks! i can't decide if resale is a good reason to buy gear, but i
suppose spending that much on stuff, it's a good idea to think
about...

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?

Because if you don't, sooner or later your garage looks like mine.
--scott

what's that address again....?

Happy Festivus,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/7/2010 11:12 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?

Because if you don't, sooner or later your garage looks like mine.

The only difference between your garage and mine is that
mine is bigger so it takes longer to fill up.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/7/2010 11:12 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?

Because if you don't, sooner or later your garage looks like mine.

The only difference between your garage and mine is that
mine is bigger so it takes longer to fill up.

I've got you both beat. At my age, I can't find anything in my garage, so I
have to buy everything three or four times.....

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 22:30:51 -0500, Bill Graham wrote
(in article ):

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/7/2010 11:12 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Why would you ever want to sell something that's good?
Because if you don't, sooner or later your garage looks like mine.

The only difference between your garage and mine is that
mine is bigger so it takes longer to fill up.

I've got you both beat. At my age, I can't find anything in my garage, so I
have to buy everything three or four times.....

I think that's why they invented Pods.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

FS.Chandler TG2 dual mic pre amp £900 julian moore Pro Audio 0 March 2nd 05 10:39 PM
FS.Chandler TG2 dual mic pre amp £900 julian moore Pro Audio 0 March 2nd 05 10:38 PM
FS:Chandler TG2 Dual Mic-Pre Joseph DeMaio Pro Audio 0 September 9th 04 08:30 PM
Chandler TG2 Tom Hartman Pro Audio 0 June 12th 04 06:26 PM
FS Chandler TG2 $1300- HandFStudio Pro Audio 0 June 11th 04 02:53 AM