Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam adam is offline

Default Pro Tools 9 and Third Party Interfaces

Avid sent me an email a month or two ago about the release of Pro Tools
9. It said that the software finally works with all third party
USB/Firewire I/O interfaces. Is this true for the LE version or just HD?

Thanks,
-Adam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 11/18/2010 4:08 PM, Adam wrote:
Avid sent me an email a month or two ago about the release
of Pro Tools 9. It said that the software finally works with
all third party USB/Firewire I/O interfaces. Is this true
for the LE version or just HD?

My, you must be pretty important to have received that
information a month or two ago. Us peons had to wait until a
couple of weeks ago at the AES show.

Anyway, LE is going away. It, and M-Powered Pro Tools are
both being replaced by Pro Tools 9, which will work with
existing Digidesign and M-Audio hardware respectively, as
well as other hardware that has a Windows ASIO driver or is
recognized by Apple Core Audio.

HD is still a separate version which only works with HD
hardware since it depends on the DSP in the hardware cards.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Nov 18, 2:42*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 11/18/2010 4:08 PM, Adam wrote:

Avid sent me an email a month or two ago about the release
of Pro Tools 9. It said that the software finally works with
all third party USB/Firewire I/O interfaces. Is this true
for the LE version or just HD?

My, you must be pretty important to have received that
information a month or two ago. Us peons had to wait until a
couple of weeks ago at the AES show.

Anyway, LE is going away. It, and M-Powered Pro Tools are
both being replaced by Pro Tools 9, which will work with
existing Digidesign and M-Audio hardware respectively, as
well as other hardware that has a Windows ASIO driver or is
recognized by Apple Core Audio.

HD is still a separate version which only works with HD
hardware since it depends on the DSP in the hardware cards.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com- useful and
interesting audio stuff

I just got my version of Protools 9.

Installing it wasn't too difficult, but I misread a Serial # on my 002
box.

Why this version of the software that supposedly doesn't require
digidesgn (AVID) hardware would require a Serial # is beyond me.

Of course since I hadn't registered this piece of software, I wasn't
able to contact anybody at AVID to help me get it running.
Fortunately, the tech people at Swee****er did help me though by the
time I finally got to them, I was in a screaming fit of white hot
rage.

When are these people going to learn that Serial numbers should be
written in readable fonts and don't use so many O's and 0's mixed in
with a Q and an A that looks like an R?

It seems to have cured a problem I was having with Core Audio not
allowing a quit.

The Stupid Party [email protected] Audio Opinions 1 May 20th 09 09:52 AM
great party Pi-Qui Pro Audio 0 February 24th 08 11:30 PM
Jenn's party is over. Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 11 February 16th 08 05:49 PM
Party Van [email protected] Car Audio 7 July 22nd 07 08:02 AM
r.a.p. party/dinner at AES David Josephson Pro Audio 0 October 1st 05 06:30 PM