Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default CAD GXL1200

I almost hate ask the question here, but has anyone played with the CAD GXL1200
SDC mics? A friend has an Internet broadcast studio and needs three mics. He's
presently using SM58s that he has to return. The room is fairly decent for
noise. Their previous studio had Behringer side-address LDCs. After watching the
"talent" use the SM58s, I believe they understand end-address better. Unless the
GXL1200s are extremely wonky, he can get one with a windscreen and shockmount
for less than $100.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
I almost hate ask the question here, but has anyone played with the CAD GXL1200
SDC mics? A friend has an Internet broadcast studio and needs three mics. He's
presently using SM58s that he has to return. The room is fairly decent for
noise. Their previous studio had Behringer side-address LDCs. After watching the
"talent" use the SM58s, I believe they understand end-address better. Unless the
GXL1200s are extremely wonky, he can get one with a windscreen and shockmount
for less than $100.

Have you considered the AKG D880? You can find used ones on Ebay
for under $50 easily, and they sound like what an SM58 would sound like if it
sounded good.

I would be really worried about the GXL1200 popping, even with a windscreen.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"mcp6453" wrote in message

I almost hate ask the question here, but has anyone
played with the CAD GXL1200 SDC mics? A friend has an
Internet broadcast studio and needs three mics. He's
presently using SM58s that he has to return. The room is
fairly decent for noise. Their previous studio had
Behringer side-address LDCs. After watching the "talent"
use the SM58s, I believe they understand end-address
better. Unless the GXL1200s are extremely wonky, he can
get one with a windscreen and shockmount for less than
$100.

If side address, SDC, low price and good sound are what you want, many of
use have good experiences with MXL MCA SP/1s.

http://www.pssl.com/!nnEgwMOdXKlMgBm...hone-With-Clip

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:26:39 -0500, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ) :

"mcp6453" wrote in message

I almost hate ask the question here, but has anyone
played with the CAD GXL1200 SDC mics? A friend has an
Internet broadcast studio and needs three mics. He's
presently using SM58s that he has to return. The room is
fairly decent for noise. Their previous studio had
Behringer side-address LDCs. After watching the "talent"
use the SM58s, I believe they understand end-address
better. Unless the GXL1200s are extremely wonky, he can
get one with a windscreen and shockmount for less than
$100.

If side address, SDC, low price and good sound are what you want, many of
use have good experiences with MXL MCA SP/1s.

http://www.pssl.com/!nnEgwMOdXKlMgBm...denser-Studio-
Micropho
ne-With-Clip

+1