Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] misha_sherwood@hotmail.com is offline

Default Beatle remixes & mash ups

I posted a Beatle remix, mash ups and covers page you might find
interesting. Dive in. Drill down. It'll only be up for the month of
March 2007. Then I'll switch it out for something new. Lots of
examples of subtle and not so subtle remixes in the links below.

http://www.subrosa.arbre.us/SubRosaMusicArchive.html

Sons of Champlin - Day Tripper [ksan-fm]
The Beatles - Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
The Beatles - Here There and Everywhere
The Beatles - She's So B3 Heavy [i want you]
The Beatles - Birthday [remix]
The Dead - She Said She Said
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Hey Bulldog
Atomic Kittens vs. The Beatles - Get Back
The Beatles Mashed - Beat On Me Please Please
Muffin Men - Drive My Car Come Together
Frank Zappa - Norwegian Wood [3.4.88]
Frank Zappa - I Am The Walrus [3.3.88]
Grateful Dead - Revolution

Dinner:
The Beatles - Julia [remix]
The Beatles - Long Long Long
The Beatles - Cry Baby Cry [demo]
Rita Lee - She Loves You [bossa nova]

After Hours:
Shaggy vs. The Beatles - Let It Be Me
Plastic Ono Band - Cold Turkey [remix]
B-52's vs. The Beatles - Day Shacker
John & Yoko & Elvis - Don't Be Cruel
The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby [kraftwerk remix]
The Beatles vs. The Who vs. The Byrds - Good Day Sunshine
Guns N' Roses vs. The Beatles - A Knocking Day In The Life
The Beatles - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds [stoned church remix]
Nick Boffo - Sgt. Ringo's Heart's Club Band [60 second remix contest]
The Beatles - The End [mega mix]

Here's where you can find out more about Beatle mash ups:
http://beatlesmashups01.podomatic.com
http://beatlesmashups02.podomatic.com
http://beatlesmashups03.podomatic.com

Beatles Mashup Forum:
http://www.gossiping.net/phpBB2/inde...eatlesremixers

Beatles Remixers Forum:

Main Beatle Remixers Page:
http://beatlesremixersgroup00.podomatic.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ian Bell Ian Bell is offline

wrote:

I posted a Beatle remix, mash ups and covers page you might find
interesting.

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage Marc Wielage is offline

On Feb 27, 2007, Ian Bell commented:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

--MFW

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien BH Julien BH is offline

On Mar 1, 3:35 pm, Marc Wielage wrote:
On Feb 27, 2007, Ian Bell commented:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

--MFW

It's the "Cirque du Soleil" show's music. They are a Quebec-based
circus. And way better than Celine... Go quebec! :P

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

http://www.beatlegras.com

(Been working for these guys for a couple of years.... beatles done bluegrass style)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agent 86 Agent 86 is offline

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 07:36:49 +0000, Ian Bell wrote:

LOL, I run Linux behind a firewall.

Smart move.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Yes and is very good (from a sonic perspective) in 5.0 surround, but
nonetheless I don't like it much. I find many of the effects puerile and
gratuitous, and while a few of the songs are treated to good new
interpretations, most sound better in their original guise, IMO. It sits on
my shelf and is used to show off the system on occasion, only.

"Marc Wielage" wrote in message
.com...
On Feb 27, 2007, Ian Bell commented:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

--MFW

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
http://www.beatlegras.com

(Been working for these guys for a couple of years.... beatles done bluegrass style)

How is Milo doing these days?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message . ..
David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
http://www.beatlegras.com

(Been working for these guys for a couple of years.... beatles done bluegrass style)

How is Milo doing these days?

How could he be anything but outstanding? Their performance with the
Turtle Creek Chorale and Greater Tuna at the Majestic last summer was
incredible, and found Milo reading his ass off on fiddle parts. Yes... fiddle,
not violin... so he was terrific from opening night thru the final performance.
Rachael is doing well and the kids are growing up lightening fast... one gal
going to Booker T. and playing violin in the orchestra (even though she can
wail on Devil Went Down To Georgia), and the youngest already beginning
to play electric bass with mom and dad.... quite a family. I think he's happy.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ian Bell Ian Bell is offline

Signal wrote:

Marc Wielage wrote:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

Fair play to Martin for not approaching the Beatles catalogue with
ceaseless reverence, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I love it. I have all the original tracks on vinyl and later CD. It is
wonderful to hear new subleties in the music and recordings.

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

Signal wrote:
: Fair play to Martin for not approaching the Beatles catalogue with
: ceaseless reverence, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm curious - if Cirque du Soleil comes and says "we want to do an
entire 7-night-a-week-several-years-long-multi-billion-dollar-Vegas-show
based on your music", how many of us would respond with "no thanks,
that would taint the artistic sanctity of my work" ?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Signal wrote:

Marc Wielage wrote:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

Fair play to Martin for not approaching the Beatles catalogue with
ceaseless reverence, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Makes little sense to judge it absent it Cirque de Soleil environment,
for which it was created.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

hank alrich wrote:
Les Cargill wrote:

wrote:

Signal wrote:
: Fair play to Martin for not approaching the Beatles catalogue with
: ceaseless reverence, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm curious - if Cirque du Soleil comes and says "we want to do an
entire 7-night-a-week-several-years-long-multi-billion-dollar-Vegas-show
based on your music", how many of us would respond with "no thanks,
that would taint the artistic sanctity of my work" ?

If Cirque de Soleil is a multi-billion-dollar proposition,
the Terrists have already won.

Wonder what they really gross? Can't be peanuts.

Probably not. They do extensive advertising and draw a lot
of people.

I ain't been to Vegas
except to try to drive through as rapidly as possible without getting
killed by a speeding drunk, regardless of season or hour.

They have more than one instance of the show - theater shows
permanent in Orlando and Vegas. The touring arm has this schedule.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...ts/default.htm

They did the street performer thing in Montreal when I was up there,
out by the water. Ain't my cup o' tea.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Signal wrote:
Marc Wielage wrote:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

Fair play to Martin for not approaching the Beatles catalogue with
ceaseless reverence, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Dhani gave their blessings, that's good enough for
me. I think it's a neat record, if people don't like it, they are free
to not buy it. I'm pretty sure that had the Beatles been able to do
those kinds of things, they would have. I like the way they pulled the
tracks from the original pre-reduction mixes and re-synched them
wherever possible, some of the cleaned up tracks are of an amazing
quality even by todays standards. Listening to the album in 5.1 is
simply stunning and an interesting study as well. I wish they would do
it with the rest of the catalog (the cleaning up part... not the mashup
stuff)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

If Cirque de Soleil is a multi-billion-dollar proposition,
the Terrists have already won.

Wonder what they really gross? Can't be peanuts. I ain't been to Vegas
except to try to drive through as rapidly as possible without getting
killed by a speeding drunk, regardless of season or hour.

It grosses big when the Beatles are involved. The band has been broken
up for 37 years and they still go straight to number one when they
release a record. THAT's staying power, my friends. What are they up to
now, 1.4 billion records?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Mar 1, 1:35 pm, Marc Wielage wrote:
On Feb 27, 2007, Ian Bell commented:

What a load of god awful *******izations of beautiful music.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Hey, have you heard the recent Beatles' LOVE album yet? That's an
*authorized* *******ization, and it was even supervised by George Martin.

Some of it's interesting (particularly "While My Guitar Gently Weeps,"
accompanied by a string section), but it's an odd album at best.

--MFW

I look upon it as The Beatles Meet ProTools. It is very well put
together and makes one run back and listen to the original recordings
to study the differences.

Sir George and his son did an excellent job on this project. I only
bought the album from curiosity, but have enjoyed it thoroughly.

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was the only cut which had new music
added to it and I very much appreciate this version. It's kind of like
the "unplugged" versions of songs by other artists.

The Beatles were a band very much tied into studio technology, and I
believe that they would never have gone as far as they did without
it.

The combination of their talents and the evolution of recording
technology complemented each other and I feel it is unlikely that we
will see another such advancement in our lifetimes.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

You could say that, combined with sending press releases to major music
magazines saying that "famous artist X turns down Cirque do Soleil to
preserve artistic sanctity." That should be worth a good bit in publicity
right there...

I think in the Beatles case, it would've made Paul look like an asshole
and Ringo look like a pushover. Seems that George really expressed a
liking for Cirque du Soleil before he died.

Oh, I was making the assumption that anyone who would do that was _not_ actually
a famous artist, and wanted the publicity.

The last thing the Beatles need is any more publicity....
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
The last thing the Beatles need is any more publicity....

Dunno, there are whole new generations who don't
recognize the name.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Richard Kuschel wrote:
[...]

I think that George finally got his "Eleanor Rigby"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
The last thing the Beatles need is any more publicity....

Dunno, there are whole new generations who don't
recognize the name.

It's a shame, too. So much of the music that they listen to was heavily
influenced by them. Of course, it's not limited to young people either.
The guy that I play for listened to country music and hardly any rock or
pop at all. When we play and people request the Beatles, he's at a loss :-(
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Kadis Jay Kadis is offline

In article ,
"Richard Crowley" wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
The last thing the Beatles need is any more publicity....

Dunno, there are whole new generations who don't
recognize the name.

I've yet to encounter a college music student unfamiliar with the
Beatles.

-Jay

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Jay Kadis" wrote in message ...
In article ,
"Richard Crowley" wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
The last thing the Beatles need is any more publicity....

Dunno, there are whole new generations who don't
recognize the name.

I've yet to encounter a college music student unfamiliar with the
Beatles.

-Jay

I have.... "You mean Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings !?!?!?"

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ray Thomas Ray Thomas is offline

Ian,
I'm trying to send you a reply regarding ultrasonic noise on Cream
recordings....but your email addresses bounce back to me.
Ray
"Ian Bell" wrote in message
wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:
:
dy wrote:
: I'm curious - if Cirque du Soleil comes and says "we want to do an
: entire
: 7-night-a-week-several-years-long-multi-billion-dollar-Vegas-show
: based on your music", how many of us would respond with "no
thanks,
: that would taint the artistic sanctity of my work" ?
: You could say that, combined with sending press releases to major music
: magazines saying that "famous artist X turns down Cirque do Soleil to
: preserve artistic sanctity." That should be worth a good bit in
: publicity right there...

That's totally illogical.
It is easy to forget that the Beatles music is currently the staple of
oldies stations - maybe even more surprising for us 40-60-somethings to
suddenly realize that the Beatles aren't the grist of the top-40 airways
anymore. Cirque puts it squarely back on the map, back in the public
eye, rakes in the dough, and makes them current again. That's what
popular music is all about! For Paul or Ringo to turn their back on
this would be nothing short of insanity. How many musicians could ever
dream of such an opportunity?

And I hear Apple Corp has now agreed to let the Beatles back catalogue
available for download - how long before the Beatles are back in the
charts?

Ian

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ian Bell Ian Bell is offline

Ray Thomas wrote:

Ian,
I'm trying to send you a reply regarding ultrasonic noise on Cream
recordings....but your email addresses bounce back to me.
Ray

Try ianbellATukfsnDOTorg

Remove the capitals to get the real address.

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Signal wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

The last thing the Beatles need is any more publicity....
Dunno, there are whole new generations who don't
recognize the name.

It's a shame, too. So much of the music that they listen to was heavily
influenced by them.

In the same way the Beatles were influenced...

Not exactly, the Beatles had a much more profound effect than the guys
that influenced them, not to diminish the contributions of folks like
Little Richard, Elvis, Buddy Holly, etc.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Brian Running Brian Running is offline

I've yet to encounter a college music student unfamiliar with the
Beatles.

I have.... "You mean Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings !?!?!?"

I don't believe that for a second.