mf2112NOSPAM*@yahoo.com

Default FA:Rare Vintage Hi Fi book from 1955

This rare softcover book is (144 pages) by Donald Carl Hoefler .
Heathkit,Bogen,Electro voice,Altec Lansing, Klipsch,Thorens, are just
some of the companies mentioned in this interesting book.Lots of ads
and pics of audio equipment from the mid 50s. Has equipment pricing
as well. Also, it shows how to build your own hi fi and speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3284&item=57437191 27&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Regards
Mike

It's not rare at all, these were sold at every magazine stand. I have
seen several of this or similar years.

cowboy

wrote
It's not rare at all, these were sold at every magazine stand. I have
seen several of this or similar years.

He means "rare" nowadays

Try finding one at your local used bookstore or flea market, not gonna
happen

the only place this book shows up is at national used book store
aggregators, ebay, and the occasional hamfest - in those places it is not
all that rare - but anywhere else, it is quite "rare"

By those standards any given book, except Readers Digest Condensed
Books, the Bible, and about three dozen titles is "rare". But I have
seen this exact title and similar ones at hamfests, old radio meets,
shopping mall carny vendors, and elsewhere.
It's probably worth five bucks tops.

Chris Hornbeck

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 05:33:14 -0500, John Stewart
wrote:

Even got me a 'Radio Engineers Handbook' by Frederick E Terman.
Who is FE Terman? Mentor to Hewlett & Packard at Stanford U!

Also consulting editor to the McGraw-Hill Electrical and
Electronic Engineering Series. All are well worth checking out.

Chris Hornbeck

It is NOT a common book, calcerise is an idiot. the book is not

hard to
find, nor is it common, I would put it on par with the Radio

Designer's
Handbook 4th edition (big red) as far as rarity, you can find one if

you
want one bad, but unlikely you will ever see it in your local used
bookstore. These are worth more like $15, rather than $5, if in nice

condition

cowboy
rare audio book dealer

YOU may be an idiot...."Big Red" has been reprinted by various
publishers and so is worth owning in its original, strictly as a
collectible. These "Hi-Fi Annuals" are likewise only valuable as a
collectible. While definitions of "rare" may differ, I've seen a bunch
of them.

It's "worth" whatever someone will pay, of course, so if someone wants
it for $15 I suppose that's ok. But the word "rare" gets used
excessively.