Michael McKelvy

Default OT Factoid

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed IN
Iraq!

Lionel

Michael McKelvy a écrit :

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed IN
Iraq!

It means that your government haven't sent the good persons in Iraq...
But what about crushed hedgehogs, cats, dogs...?
Don't you have detailled statistics ?

Scott Gardner

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:15:28 -0800, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed IN
Iraq!

I'd really like to see how they got those numbers. Here's what I
found from the Navy Safety Center, Army Safety Center, and Air Force
Safety Center. (The Navy Safety Center tracks data for the Marine
Corps as well).

All of these numbers are the final totals for fiscal year 2003, plus
the totals so far for FY 2004. Thus, these numbers are the totals
since 01 OCT 2002, which is going back even further than the current
actions in Iraq.

Navy/Marine Corps : 83 Total on- and off-duty

Army: 32 on-duty, and 31 off-duty, for a total of 63.

Air Force: 8 on-duty, and 89 off-duty, for a total of 97

This gives a grand total of 243 private motor vehicle deaths in the US
since October of 2002, compared to 451 deaths in Iraq since March
2003.

So as far as I can tell, the factoid isn't even close to being true.

Scott Gardner

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

[...]

I guess you can't count on Ollie North. Thanks for the research.

JBorg

Michael McKelvy wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed IN
Iraq!

Assuming that it's true, do you think that this is unacceptable and upsetting?

dave weil

wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed IN
Iraq!

I'm sure that's of confort to the next-of-kin.
JBorg

Michael "McKoward" wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed IN
Iraq!

Assuming that it's true, do you think that this is unacceptable and upsetting?

Do you find this disparity objectionable?

--

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... ball is on your court.
Michael McKelvy

"JBorg" wrote in message
m...
Michael "McKoward" wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the

start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed

IN
Iraq!

Assuming that it's true, do you think that this is unacceptable and

upsetting?

Do you find this disparity objectionable?

--

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... ball is on your court.

How many of you are there? Sometimes your stuff reads like English is a
second Language.

I think if it's true, it means the "slaughter'' of Americans in Iraq is
being exaggerated.

I have no reason todoubt Scott Gardener so I'll have to assume for now that
Ollie North got it wrong.

Scott Gardner

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:29:35 -0800, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

"JBorg" wrote in message
om...
Michael "McKoward" wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the

start of
the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen killed

IN
Iraq!

Assuming that it's true, do you think that this is unacceptable and

upsetting?

Do you find this disparity objectionable?

--

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... ball is on your court.

How many of you are there? Sometimes your stuff reads like English is a
second Language.

I think if it's true, it means the "slaughter'' of Americans in Iraq is
being exaggerated.

I have no reason todoubt Scott Gardener so I'll have to assume for now that
Ollie North got it wrong.

I'd like to add that there is always a chance that North is using
different criteria than I did. The numbers I posted were for
fatalities involving privately-owned motor vehicles, both on and
off-duty, including those where the deceased was a pedestrian. If
there was an accident where a large number of servicemen died on an
American highway while riding in a troop transport or other
government-owned vehicle, that wouldn't have shown up in the numbers I
posted.
But, considering that I went all the way back to Oct 2002 for my
numbers, and the total was stil only a little over *half* the numbers
of deaths in Iraq, I really don't know what he's using for the other
200+ stateside deaths.

Scott Gardner

JBorg

Michael McKelvy wrote:
JBorg wrote
Michael McKelvy wrote:

The number of servicemen killed on the highways of the US since the start
of the war in Iraq is larger than the number of American servicemen
killed IN Iraq!

Assuming that it's true, do you think that this is unacceptable and
upsetting?

Do you find this disparity objectionable?

How many of you are there?

How many does the voices tell you there are?

Sometimes your stuff reads like English is a second Language.

**** You.

I think if it's true, it means the "slaughter'' of Americans in Iraq is
being exaggerated.

Exaggerated? Do you want to increase the actual death killed in Iraq to
recoup for the disparity against those who dies in US highway?

I have no reason to doubt Scott Gardener[sic] so I'll have to assume for
now that Ollie North got it wrong.

How does it feel, having no reason to doubt, that the source of your info.
is wrong or highly questionable?

Lionel

JBorg a écrit :

Exaggerated? Do you want to increase the actual death killed in Iraq to
recoup for the disparity against those who dies in US highway?

He will answer you that there's less highway in Iraq.

JBorg

Lionel wrote:

Exaggerated? Do you want to increase the actual death killed in Iraq to
recoup for the disparity against those who dies in US highway?

He will answer you that there's less highway in Iraq.

You're not being cute this time MiniBug. Besides, nobody blamed Capa
for a gambit he so love to do towards the end of day, to your imminent
death.