DaveC

Default Speakers on cigarette lighter (12V)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 3:33:46 -0700, Home nieuws-server wrote
(in message ):

I've got a question that relates to car audio in a kind of different way.
I've got a PDA with navigation software. The speaker built in the PDA is
pretty soft and therefore I'm searching for speakers which I can amplify
with 12 Volts through the cigarette lighter in the car. Does anybody knows a
solution for me?
Even computer speakers that can work on 12Volts can help me out already!

Help would be very much appreciated!

You might consider using one of those adpters that play through the car's
tape player. It looks like a cassette tape with a wire attached. Put it in
the tape player and plug the wire into your PDA.

This should work. This is the way people who have a "Walkman" CD player play
CDs in their CD-less car stereo.

Good luck,
--
Dave C.