jazzman

Default Layla24 or Aardvark q10 for my DAW?

I have no experience with Layla/Darla. I do have experience with Aardvark
Q10. Got mine on EBAY for $610.

Pros: The preamps are outstanding
The 8 x Neutrik connectors (4 with +48V phantom power) enabled
me to sell my mixer.
Truly Plug-and-play in XP. Works well with Sonar, Cakewalk
PA9+, Cool Edit Pro 2, ACID Pro 4, Vegas/Vegas Video and SoundForge5

Cons: No ADAT I/O
Loud 'pops' every time you open a program that accesses the Q10,
like those mentioned above and also Windows Media Player.

I'll say again how good those Q10 preamps are. And the whole system is
incredibly quiet. Definitely better than the Digi001 in these two
categories, but I really wish it had the lightpipe.

My $.02

"Rifa Roederstein" wrote in message
om...
I'm using a Layla 20bit right now as I was too cheap to buy the 24 bit and
I love it. Also had a Darla before this one. Loved that one also. Not

familiar
with the Aardvark but Event/Echo Audio seems to have a good reputation.

(Nadurb) wrote in message

. com...
Whats your feeling about these two cards (Layla and Aardvark q10)
there both around 600US and the features of either would suit my home
studio. I prefer windows and cakewalk 9 or sonar for mixing. The price
seems about right. I already have a mixer which i suppose can be put
to work for headphones sends etc if i get one of these units. What is
the general feeling amongst the group about these cards, particularily
does one produce a less coloured recording or distinct quality
advantage over the other? Is there any other multi i/o i should check
out? i only really need 2 balanced analogue ins at the moment and 6
ins all up. I know theres lots to consider but any help appreciated.
tia

Nadurb

Thanks for that, Anyone got any candy or dirt on the Layla card?
tia