Nosey

Default I need an amp? x-post

I have a '99 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with the Infinity 6 speaker sound system (4
speakers/2 tweeters). The head unit is an AM/FM/CD/CASS 1.5 DIN with
steering wheel controls. This system has an amp integrated in each front
door speaker. The right front door speaker quit working. I swapped the right
and left front door speakers and the problem followed the speaker so the HU
or wiring is not my problem. I don't want to lay out $187.00 for a speaker
to restore a factory sound system. It's upgrade time. I want to keep the HU,
tweeters, and rear speakers and replace the front door speakers with some
decent aftermarket ones. I know the factory HU won't drive the system
without adding an amp, but I'm clueless about amps. I want to keep the cost
reasonable for a clean sound quality at a moderate level. I'll spend the
money where I need to, but I don't want to pay extra for a name on the box.
New rear speakers and a sub will be added later so expandability is a
consideration. Any amp and speaker recommendations?
--
Ken

Carolina Watercraft Works

Nosey, if you are interested, I've got a Soundstream amp I can sell.

It's an MC245 and should be just the ticket for what you are looking

to do. Not going to win any major competitions but will make you think

you're able to. I can dig out the specs if you are interested. Anyone

that knows good amps knows about Soundstream. This one is from

the "old school" original designs from Soundsteam.

Actually, here is a link for the owners manual with all the specs.

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/owner...l/mc140245.pdf
--
Laszlo Almasi

"In the battle between money and love, money will always triumph"
I may have to change my signature......on second thought, I was right the
first time.
"Nosey" wrote in message
[...]

Nosey

Check your e-mail.