stef

Default How to bounce and replace (afx twin squarepusher & co)

Hello,
it feels like I´m wondering how to do something very easy...
I´ll take an example:
when you listen to Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and Co, it sounds
sometimes like a never ending demonstration of tasty plug-ins, like a
sound effect per second or something... and my question is:
how is it possible to insert so many plug-ins in a sequence?
What I usually do: I play with my favourite VST plug-in and when I´m
happy with the twiking I bounce the part where I want the effect to
be, then I import the new audio file and try to replace the original
segment by cutting, pasting, editing, and so on, ... It´s long and
boring. It should be easier than this.
Is there a way to bounce a selection with vst plug-ins and replace it
straight away?
If not, how do they do?
Or maybe they´re not using VST plug-ins? I heard Aphex Twin uses
mostly ProTools and some plug-ins he made himself (which sound like
Ircam).
(I use Nuendo mostly, but also Peak and Logic, and a lot of Pluggos).

I hope it makes sense, my English sounds a bit French tonight
Thank you for any help.
Stéphane
Posta en
Jan Holm

stef wrote:
when you listen to Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and Co, it sounds
sometimes like a never ending demonstration of tasty plug-ins, like a
sound effect per second or something... and my question is:
how is it possible to insert so many plug-ins in a sequence?

From what I heard years ago (may not be true) Aphex Twin
uses a sequener he made him self.

This one may be for you. Here you can drop vst's on individual
parts, as well as tracks. http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/
Tracktion, killer sequencer if your working with vst's and automation
of those. Does vsti also.

Regards
Jan Holm

Jan Holm

Jan Holm wrote:
Tracktion, killer sequencer if your working with vst's and automation
of those. Does vsti also.

Ooh forgot. Also does a freeze, auto bounce and replace..
undo avalible for that function too, really nice.

Regards
Jan Holm