Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio
EADGBE EADGBE is offline

Default QUESTION -- Nakamichi STASIS Receiver

I have found a Nakamichi TA-4A receiver in good condition for sale
locally. This was Nakamichi's top-of-the-line receiver, using STASIS
technology licensed from Threshold. I am thinking of using this
receiver in my kids' billiard room as part of a secondary system.

I am curious about the type of amp that is inside the TA-4A. I would
be interested to hear about the STASIS amplification method, its
advantages/disadvantages, how similar/different it was from actual
Threshold amps, reliability issues, etc.

TIA...