J.W.

Default FA: Sony Sound Forge 7.0 -- starts at $9.99 -- no reserve -- full version not academic

FOR AUCTION...

Auction ends Mar-24-04 11:56:06 PST

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"J.W." wrote in message ...

FOR AUCTION...

You don't mention CD Architect... Sony SF-7 comes bundled with CDArch-5

I'm wondering what the difference is with the Educational "version" ?

Arny Krueger

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"J.W." wrote in message

FOR AUCTION...

You don't mention CD Architect... Sony SF-7 comes bundled with
CDArch-5

I'm wondering what the difference is with the Educational "version" ?

Typically, they can only be sold to teachers and students. Other than that
they are usually full versions of the product. One exception to the full
version rule is AutoCAD - AFAIK the educational version comes with a
license that turns into a pumpkin in something like 3 years.

J.W.

It comes with CD Architect 5. I just forgot to mention that. Thanks
for reminding me.

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:59:02 GMT, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)"
wrote:

"J.W." wrote in message ...

FOR AUCTION...

You don't mention CD Architect... Sony SF-7 comes bundled with CDArch-5

I'm wondering what the difference is with the Educational "version" ?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"J.W." wrote in message

FOR AUCTION...

You don't mention CD Architect... Sony SF-7 comes bundled with
CDArch-5

I'm wondering what the difference is with the Educational "version" ?

Typically, they can only be sold to teachers and students. Other than that
they are usually full versions of the product. One exception to the full
version rule is AutoCAD - AFAIK the educational version comes with a
license that turns into a pumpkin in something like 3 years.

I hope you're not serious about the license issue, Arny. I just bought
this for my church (who also qualify for the 'Educational' discount) and
I would be quite upset if that were to turn out to be the case. However,
it is not installed or registered yet, so thanks for the 'heads-up'... I will
be certain to ask when I make that phone call for the key.

We're trying to defeat a DirX9 problem that suddenly rendered MP3s
encoded with Nero as unplayable on Macs.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

Les Cargill

"J.W." wrote in message

[...]

Have you tried LAME? It's open source, sounds good. The
native verison requires use of a DOS box, or you can
Google up RazorLAME for a GUI

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com
http://www.artisan-recordingstudio.com

--
Les Cargill
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"J.W." wrote in message

[...]

Hi Les,

I don't have the ability to dictate to the webmaster at the church. In the
interim he has moved to WMP-9 for encoding, which still alienates Macs.

I have installed LAME on my oldest PC workstation with SF-4 so I can
finally delve into some of this MP3 fad for myself and a few clients...
I am still experimenting with the options, but I like it so far.