Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

Default Be Kind to Pat Turner

Hi all,

A few recent posts on " aus.hi-fi " and RAT have revealed the unexpected
about our resident valve amp guru - Mr Patrick Turner of "Turner Audio "
in the ACT of Australia.

The poor guy must be close to being destitute !!!

Since dropping out due to knee injury of the highly profitable building game
over a decade ago, Patrick has been living on a very tiny income.

Seems he gets a meagre disability allowance from the government via
Centrelink and supplements it with a few dollars earned from repairing the
odd valve amp or radio.

Patrick tells us his business has never *grossed * more than $A 15K p.a.
since
it began - so after expenses and tax are taken out that means he gets
maybe $100 a week average in his pocket. How awful !

This is why he cannot afford to renew his business name registration (ie
Turner Audio) - even though it is illegal not to do so.

Now, our Patrick is far too proud to ask for money from ANYONE but must be
feeling a distinct pinch in the belly on many of those cold Canberra nights.

So, I have a * modest suggestion * to make:

Maybe some of you here on RAT could gang together and organise a roster
system to phone a take away shop in the Watson area of Canberra on a
designated night and order some Chinese food or a Pizza, pay with your
credit card and have it delivered free to Patrick's address:

Which is: 1 Adams Place, Watson ACT

I dunno exactly what Pat likes, but try Chicken Chow Mien or 4 Seasons
Pizza - bound to be some bits he will enjoy.

You could also maybe ring a and order a six pack and have that delivered
the same way.

Reckon it would make old Pat's day.

Here is your BIG chance to show just how *warm and generous* all you tube
heads really are.

Its all up to YOU !

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Stewart

Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

So? Ask me if I care. This is not a 'Law & Order' forum. Better take your
bitching elsewhere.

John Stewart

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Sander deWaal

"Ill Phalluson" said:

snip comments

If and when it should become necessary to endorse anyone here, Patrick
Turner would stand a good chance to actually get some help.

You wouldn't. Ever.

You're ill, Phalluson. Seriously ill. Get help.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"Ill Phalluson" said:

snip comments

If and when it should become necessary to endorse anyone here, Patrick
Turner would stand a good chance to actually get some help.

Agreed. Patrick T is one of the best informed and most helpful
tube audio people on Usenet.

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
RickH

Phil Allison wrote:
[...]

I'm a novice tube hobbyist/muse who had a problem with my 1965 VOX AC10
amp this past summer. I posted here for the first time ever, I'm a
nobody. Patrick took the time to give me a lot of info that was
helpful in restoring this amp. Being 50 years old, time is more
valuable to me than money, so I appreciated the response. Here is my
first-ever post he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...67a9b1288a8 2

I cant jump on your anger bandwagon, Patrick helped me out. Holding
grudges wastes much brain energy, it's like dissapated heat, that
useless component of any electrical circuit. Best to just "let go" and
better your efficiency ratio.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger

"Ill Phalluson" said:

snip comments

If and when it should become necessary to endorse anyone
here, Patrick Turner would stand a good chance to
actually get some help.

Agreed. Patrick T is one of the best informed and most
helpful tube audio people on Usenet.

IMO tubes are just about to high fidelity what arson is to
standing timber. Just what the world needs - a helpful
arsonist. ;-(

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Trevor Wilson

. ..

"Ill Phalluson" said:

snip comments

If and when it should become necessary to endorse anyone
here, Patrick Turner would stand a good chance to
actually get some help.

Agreed. Patrick T is one of the best informed and most
helpful tube audio people on Usenet.

IMO tubes are just about to high fidelity what arson is to standing
timber.

**Points:

1) I disagree. SOME tube amps are capable of exceptionally good sound
reproduction. SOME tube amps offer performance parameters which are well
beyond audible limits.
2) That was not the point Sander was making. Patrick is exceptionally
knowledgable about tube matters. He seems quite happy to offer that
experience and knowledge to others.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"John Stewart"

So? Ask me if I care.

** Why ask a piece of scum like you anything ?

This is not a 'Law & Order' forum

** That is for sure.

The NG is being used to commit crime.

Better take your
bitching elsewhere.

** Shame this is the scene of the crime - you asshole.

.......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Reginald P

Phial Allison wrote:
"John Stewart"

So? Ask me if I care.

** Why ask a piece of scum like you anything ?

because as usual your opinion is like your person , malformed and
unkempt even when last bathed some months ago

This is not a 'Law & Order' forum

** That is for sure.

The NG is being used to commit crime.

You your continued breathing toaster boi

Better take your
bitching elsewhere.

** Shame this is the scene of the crime - you asshole.

your arsehole is a crime ?
well thats news (not)

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Patrick Turner

"Ill Phalluson" said:

snip comments

If and when it should become necessary to endorse anyone
here, Patrick Turner would stand a good chance to
actually get some help.

Agreed. Patrick T is one of the best informed and most
helpful tube audio people on Usenet.

IMO tubes are just about to high fidelity what arson is to
standing timber. Just what the world needs - a helpful
arsonist. ;-(

Kroogerization is a ****ty process that ****s up a good brain.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

RickH wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
[...]

Allison goes crazy before Christmas sometimes if not always.

I don't have a lot more to say to Allison who is mightily
upset by being exposed yet again as a ratbag.

keep the home triodes burning,

Patrick Turner