robert casey

Thanks guys ! I can't stand these people say NOS unused and now I know
they are full of it by the photos of these tubes with almost no getter
flashing left. Saved me lots of trouble.

There was likely wide variation of the amount of getter material
applied to the getter ring or D holder, and how much get flashed
onto the inside of the glass envelope. But if you see some
white then there's been some gas in there. All white means that
the vacuum all leaked out.... Other than that I don't think you
can really tell how used a tube is by looking at the getter.