Rob Adelman

Default Singer-Songwriter Amos Builds a Bridge for Artists

This sounds very interesting!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&e=2&u=/nm/20031018/music_nm/music_amos_dc

"The formation of the company is not so much an indictment of the
current label system as much as an acknowledgement that record company
staffs have been trimmed and that artists ultimately are responsible for
their own careers."

"The Bridge is open to all artists, regardless of their label
affiliation, but Amos stresses, "It's not a hocus-pocus shop. I don't
deal in people's fantasies. They have to be able to deliver. It isn't
about how big the project is -- it's 'Can the Bridge offer this person
anything?"

EggHd

This sounds very interesting!

In what way to you as different than another management company or marketing
company?

Curious on your thoughts.

---------------------------------------

reddred

"EggHd" wrote in message
This sounds very interesting!

In what way to you as different than another management company or

marketing
company?

One stop shop? They seem like they offer a broader, integrated service. And
it seems like they want artists as clients, not necessarily companies - but
they can handle services that labels do in house or outsource to many
different companies, so I think the point about cost savings is valid... if
the service is scalable to different clients, it might also give smaller
companies or artists who have gone independent some access to services that
were previously out of their reach. Another cost benefit for their clients
is that they handle things on a per-project basis.

I fully realize that all I did was summarize their press release...

It'll be interesting to see who signs up.

jb

Rob Adelman

EggHd wrote:

This sounds very interesting!

In what way to you as different than another management company or marketing
company?

Curious on your thoughts.

I guess I don't know, other than maybe it will be marketed differently.
It caught my eye.

EggHd

I guess I don't know, other than maybe it will be marketed differently.
It caught my eye.

Right. It seems to be her and some people who were at her management company
but without the "manager" (Arther Spivac, who is a good manager)

---------------------------------------

EggHd

It'll be interesting to see who signs up.

And what their fee structure and % is and if they can be a new way to do biz in
the changing environment.

---------------------------------------

Pdjwilson

I wonder if the acronym is deliberate - BEG !

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../20031018/musi
c_nm/music_amos_dc

"The formation of the company is not so much an indictment of the
current label system as much as an acknowledgement that record company
staffs have been trimmed and that artists ultimately are responsible for
their own careers."

"The Bridge is open to all artists, regardless of their label
affiliation, but Amos stresses, "It's not a hocus-pocus shop. I don't
deal in people's fantasies. They have to be able to deliver. It isn't
about how big the project is -- it's 'Can the Bridge offer this person
anything?"

reddred

"EggHd" wrote in message
It'll be interesting to see who signs up.

And what their fee structure and % is and if they can be a new way to do

biz in
the changing environment.

That's probably the key.

jb