stopgo

Default Boston Accoustics questions

Howdy all,

I'm a rank newbie to car audio, so I'd appreciate any input ya'll can offer.
It's been recommended that I look to Boston Accostics speakers, but having
never heard of them I thought I'd ask for some feedback from anyone who owns
them, or knows about them. My music tastes are pretty diverse and I'm not
looking to build a system with earth-shattering bass. Just something
dynamic enough to get over the flat sound of the factory-installed Bose
system currently in the car

Thanks much,
s.

bjricha

Personally, I have been very happy with BA, and i use them in both my home
and car setups. However, the smartest idea is to try out different speakers
and see what sounds best to your ears.
-Ben
"stopgo" wrote in message
Howdy all,

I'm a rank newbie to car audio, so I'd appreciate any input ya'll can

offer.
It's been recommended that I look to Boston Accostics speakers, but having
never heard of them I thought I'd ask for some feedback from anyone who

owns
them, or knows about them. My music tastes are pretty diverse and I'm not
looking to build a system with earth-shattering bass. Just something
dynamic enough to get over the flat sound of the factory-installed Bose
system currently in the car

Thanks much,
s.

Stephen Narayan

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:32:23 GMT, "stopgo"
wrote:

Howdy all,

I'm a rank newbie to car audio, so I'd appreciate any input ya'll can offer.
It's been recommended that I look to Boston Accostics speakers, but having
never heard of them I thought I'd ask for some feedback from anyone who owns
them, or knows about them. My music tastes are pretty diverse and I'm not
looking to build a system with earth-shattering bass. Just something
dynamic enough to get over the flat sound of the factory-installed Bose
system currently in the car

Thanks much,
s.

What car is it? Some Bose OEM systems use low impedance speakers thus
changing to say 4 Ohm aftermarket speakers such as BA will result in
less power being delivered by the amplifier. Also from my recollection
most BA speakers are not particularily efficient. Have they changed
their testing and specifications method yet? I seem to recall them
having speaker efficiency ratings rated at W/0.5 meter distances
rather than the normal W/1 meter used by most brands....

Stephen Narayan | IASCA Pro Street 1-600 | IASCA Certified Judge 2003
Audio Perfection | RTA system evaluation and tuning |
My System/s: Denon | Clarion ADCS-1 | Orion | Dynaudio | PG ZPA | Blade | Kicker
teamROCS Member #068 |
http://www.teamrocs.com

Why not check out my car audio museum
http://canuck.audioguy.net/gear.html