WebDevOsc

Default JL Audio Box Dimension

Hello All, I have a JL Audio 12W3D2 and I was wondering what size box
to put it in? I have read the JL Spec and have seen what they
recommend, but I am hoping that some one out there has something
better.

System Spec:

99 Toyota 4Runner
Alpine CDA-7875
Alpine T707 pushing 1 JL Audio 12W3D2 bridged, Mono
The RMS of the Apline exceeds the RMS of the speaker.
So power shouldn't be an issue.

I am looking for a sealed enclouse, unless someone can show me
different.
Tom G

"WebDevOsc" wrote in message
m...
Hello All, I have a JL Audio 12W3D2 and I was wondering what size box
to put it in? I have read the JL Spec and have seen what they
recommend, but I am hoping that some one out there has something
better.

System Spec:

99 Toyota 4Runner
Alpine CDA-7875
Alpine T707 pushing 1 JL Audio 12W3D2 bridged, Mono
The RMS of the Apline exceeds the RMS of the speaker.
So power shouldn't be an issue.

I am looking for a sealed enclouse, unless someone can show me
different.

Just use the manufacturers recommendations. JL does extensive testing before
releasing box specs. I doubt that you will get better advice over the 'net.
Usenet is better for opinions and personal experience for different products
than for specifications.

JL rates their speakers at mechanical power handling. So you should be fine
in terms of power handling. Most of their thermal power specs are usually a
lot more than what they rate the speaker, so with gains set correctly, you
shouldn't have a problem. A JL dealer can help you match the enclosure type
with the available power and vehicle type for the best response.

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM