Posted to rec.audio.pro,
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Oh Prof. Hornbeck!

I think the LX-5 is terminally qwangst.

I would appreciate a pronouncement.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:07:15 -0500, "Soundhaspriority"
wrote:

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
ual.NET...

I think the LX-5 is terminally qwangst.

I would appreciate a pronouncement.

Please let me in on this. What has gone woghst? Ist the problem in the
feemer or the kagnst?

Speak to me, Bubbela. Is it his heart?

Deeply concerned, as always,
Chris Hornbeck
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:21:05 -0500, Chris Hornbeck wrote
(in article ):

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:07:15 -0500, "Soundhaspriority"
wrote:

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
al.NET...

I think the LX-5 is terminally qwangst.

I would appreciate a pronouncement.

Please let me in on this. What has gone woghst? Ist the problem in the
feemer or the kagnst?

Speak to me, Bubbela. Is it his heart?

Deeply concerned, as always,
Chris Hornbeck

Hello Chris,

As the deck plays though a 90, it gets slower. Frank Sinatra sounded sort of
Sly Stallone, if ya know what I mean.

Regards,

Ty

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:05:29 -0500, Ty Ford
wrote:

As the deck plays though a 90, it gets slower. Frank Sinatra sounded sort of
Sly Stallone, if ya know what I mean.

These old parties have a ~1/4" wide, very thin capstan belt
that passes around the motor pulley and both flywheels. They
last a long time, but this guy is old enough to vote, so an
original is getting up there.

If you're up for a little PM, you could put a single small
drop of light machine oil into the intersection of the
capstan motor's hard-chrome shaft and its sintered bearing sleeve.
This is visible after removing top and bottom covers, with
an appropriately generous definition of "visible". But, yeah,
can-be-done.

While you're there, you might wash the motor pulley's drive
surface itself (alcohol, just like you were cleaning heads),
and any bits of belt stuck to the flywheels. I like to clean
the insides of the belt, too, and the wash seems to shrink it
temporarily. Hey, nothing to lose.

Final PM is to put a big drop of light machine oil, or two if
it's been a while, onto each of the capstan bearings' felts.
These are visible from the front, each covered with its own
little plastic cover with a single tiny whole in the face,
there for our purpose.

I'll email ye a daytime cell number in case of questions. I hope
I can remember...

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck