Posted to rec.audio.high-end
BigWhoop BigWhoop is offline

Default Incredible Sony Infra red wireless headphones 22 yrs old?

the relatively almost tiny MODEL TMR-IF5 .. I bought them from COMB
22? years ago FOR about 60% OFF I think ..maybe $80 ...90 day return
policy maybe. Allegedly they were refurbs or overstock, or
discontinued. What a great buy.

If you turn the headset vol down low, (the headset has little
reostats near the ear pieces on both left and right sides) rely on
the amp headphone volume or laptop out plug etc (they use a mini
plug and then large adapter if necessary) noise is minimized and the
performance is quite good. A hardwired high end Sennheiser no, but
darnn practical. So I plug them directly into the CD player, my Luxman
Receiver or laptop or Hi-Fi vcr etc etc. I also have a restored
Toshiba DX-900 with PCM with variable headphone out of it's own ..
love it..but that is another rant.

Back to the headphones, what is amazing is mine has an on head
battery life of 3+ hrs after 22? years and never had to REPLACE THE
BATTERY!! Incredible. It makes me wonder how they pulled that battery
life off.

Anyway, I am posting here to share and see if someone else also has
these.

I also know they may not last forever and when they die is there
something out there currently like them?

RSVP

Good listening to you.