Pete

Default Q: Which MP3 HU is better - Sony CDX-MP70 or Pioneer/Premier DEH-7500/750MP?

Time to replace my 12-yr old HU, and I've narrowed it down to these
two. Any useful user experiences or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

shaggyone

Pete,
After you're done hooking that baby up can you comment on your
impressions of this HU? In particular I'm interested in:

- Overall sound quality
- Organic Display (what kind and size of images, video can you upload)
- MP3 performance (track to track, folder 2 folder nav speed, playlist
support, logical presentation of tags)
- System Expansion (aux input with line level adjustment?)

TIA!

Paul,

Thanks for the response, I've pretty much been buying Pioneer for all
my car and home stereos and I don't see a reason to change now. I
bought the Premier DEH-P750MP last night.

Pete

eidsvikDM

I purchased the pioneer over sony. I have been a looooong time fan of
pioneer. This is perfect for you though because I purchased the sony
cdx-mp70 and had it for about 3 months before it was stolen. Still
enough time for a long term opinion though. The only thing better
about the sony is that there wasn't as long of a pause between mp3
tracks as there is with the pioneer. bout 5 secs. Sony's ability to eq
your music is very limited. The Pioneers options go way beyond just
adjusting base, treble and mid. Way beyond. and seperate eq control
for front, rear and subs is amazing. I've ran pioneer headunits for
12 years now without disspointment. The sony thing was something I
settled for with an online dealer. Hope that helps.
RichB

Default My HU MP3 research

Hey All My findings

I am in the Market for a mp3 enabled HU and as always I do my do diligence
So far I have auditioned

Blaupunk Mp3000$134-san jose $167 Cheap price no thrills decent HU power

Kenwood's mp822-mp922 Good power funky GUI

Pioneers p4500$157-5500$158mp p8500$319 good power awesome control cheap to
expensive (I'd go with the Premier versions) all come with steering wheel
remotes p550mp$166,p750mp$239 gets you that Organic EL Display and 4v pre
outs (THE ONE I AM LEANING TOWARDS) best price I have found non ebay 239.00

alpine's 9811$239.00 -9813$284.00 good power good control, I feel the best
at mp3 reading of course you pay the price for that Alpine name.

I am still up in the air.
Someone persuade me one way or the other.
I have found great prices on some of them. Is it cool to post them?

Rich Barry
Thousand Oaks, CA

"eidsvikDM" wrote in message
om...
I purchased the pioneer over sony. I have been a looooong time fan of
pioneer. This is perfect for you though because I purchased the sony
cdx-mp70 and had it for about 3 months before it was stolen. Still
enough time for a long term opinion though. The only thing better
about the sony is that there wasn't as long of a pause between mp3
tracks as there is with the pioneer. bout 5 secs. Sony's ability to eq
your music is very limited. The Pioneers options go way beyond just
adjusting base, treble and mid. Way beyond. and seperate eq control
for front, rear and subs is amazing. I've ran pioneer headunits for
12 years now without disspointment. The sony thing was something I
settled for with an online dealer. Hope that helps.

---

Tim Walter

"RichB" wrote in message t...
[...]

I have the alpine 9813, and would suggest going with the alpine camp.
I compared the same brands and models you are checking out and the
alpine completely blew away the competition. The playback is excellent
(very short delay between tracks unlike pioneer's 4 sec wait) lots of
nice processing features - parametric eq, x-over, and delays... the
rca outputs can be run normally or in a 3 way mode... The interface is
more classic rather than flashy, which is a big selling point to me. I
personally can't get into the hyper active lightshows that dominate so
many head units these days... Hope that offers some help.

Tim Walter

Sony ES 5-disc changer Peachhead General 3 March 11th 04 11:26 PM
Sony Preamp Remote Control Not Working Jerry Greenberg General 0 August 12th 03 01:12 AM
Sony mp70 question Scott Car Audio 0 July 10th 03 11:56 PM
How do I connect a Discman to Sony CDX-C880? Alan 'A.J.' Franzman Car Audio 0 July 6th 03 12:36 AM
Sony CDX-51 problem Dimitar Angelov Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 04:28 PM