Steve Grauman

Default Pioneer Premier questions

I'm currently comparing Pioneer's Premier DEH-P940MP (not to be confused with
the non-Premier 9400) to Alpine's CDA-9815. Some of you may recall me asking
questions here about these decks several months ago...I don't mean to be
redundant, but I decided to wait to buy the deck, and now I'm looking again.
Does anyone have experiance with these decks? The Pioneer is easier to use, has
more features, a 13 band EQ (as opposed to the Alpine's 5 band) with EEQ, and 6
volt outputs (compared to the Alpine's 4 volt output), but the Alpine has a
published CD SNR of 105 (the Pioneer's is unpublished), and I was told it may
have better sound quality. Can somone help me out?

Paul Vina

I would take the Alpine. I have Pioneers currently (and I like them) but
I've never formed the same attachment or felt they were of the same quality
as my old Alpines. When it's time for new units they will be Alpines.
Also, every 4VAlpine HU I've measured did about 6.5V on the preouts.

Paul Vina

[...]

Mark Zarella

I haven't owned an Alpine or Pioneer for about 5 years. But the Pioneer was
one of my all-time favorites. Nice interface, good tuner, rugged as hell.

Let's face it guys. It's ALL about features and user interface. One is not
going to be "better quality" than the other. We're not talking about
sparkomatic here...

--
Mark Zarella
zarellam at upstate dot edu

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
[...]

Brian

Paul, my pioneer 8400 has 4V pre out rca's. Can I test this with my meter
some how, to see if they are actually 4V, or higher/lower?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
That is true. Like I said, I have no problems with the Pioneers, I just
have an affinity for the Alpines. Hell, If I could get a decent price I'd
sell both of them right now and go Alpine, but I'm weird like that.

Paul Vina

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
[...]

Paul Vina

Yep. Set it for VAC in the whatever range your meter has that will
accommodate 2-10 volts or so. Now unplug the RCA's from the amp. Then put
in a cd with a 0dB track at 100 or 1000Hz and crank it all the way up. The
positive lead will go on the center pin of the RCA and the negative lead on
the outer shield.

Paul Vina

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
[...]

RichB

I tested both out love the Pioneer, but hands down the alpine was twice as
fast accessing
MP3s and you can search folders while playing.
I would audition one yourself and really see the difference.
Rich

[...]

---

alon levy

i own the deh-p940mp and i love it!
the sq is amazing and the blue display is very sharp.
it has 6.5 volt rms signal(its closer to 8 volts) and the eq setup is
very user friendly.
this hu kicks ***!!!
nuff said
--
alon levy
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=151773

Paul Vina

Was it on the rca barrel or the metal piece that touches the female rca on
the amp? It should be on the metal part than touches the amp, not on the
barrel itself. If you still get no reading then there is a problem.

Your meter should be set on VAC and the appropriate range.

Paul Vina

"Brian" wrote in message
Did as you said, pos on middle pole, neg on outer rim, got no reading??

had
the volume cranked on full yet no reading on any of my multimeter

settings??

. net...