Sean Fulop

Default DVD-CDR combo

Greetings all,

there seems to be only one moderately priced DVD player - CD recorder
combo unit, a Sony model.

I am interested in buying this unit. Does anyone here know anything
about it? Note that I have never had a DVD player before, and my CD
player is a 1997 Marantz. I want it for playing DVDs (obviously) and
for making CDs of my vinyl collection. I realize that CD-RWs will
likely not play in the old Marantz.

What is recording CDs like on a unit like this? Is it as easy as
rolling tape? What kind of sound quality can I expect?

I have heard about a lot of problems with DVDs and players. It seems
like every friend complains incessantly about their DVD collection, how
they all skip or have to be returned to the store. My wife doesn't even
want the thing, she has been so scared by the DVD horror stories that
everyone has to tell. Comments?

Thanks,

Sean Fulop