Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,aus.electronics
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Odd jack plug/socket size

Anybody know the offical description of a jack plug that is 5mm diameter
(0.2" ?). And where obtainium

Can't find one anywhere. I need 2 inline stereo sockets that size. They do
exist, cos I've got on here. Off an aviation headset I believe.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,aus.electronics
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Geoff"

Anybody know the offical description of a jack plug that is 5mm diameter
(0.2" ?). And where obtainium

** They are called "bantam" or TT jacks and plugs.

Made by Switchcraft and others.

http://au.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...jsp?SKU=745558

Can't find one anywhere. I need 2 inline stereo sockets that size.

** Lotsa luck.

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,aus.electronics
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

"Phil Allison" wrote in
:

"Geoff"

Anybody know the offical description of a jack plug that is 5mm
diameter (0.2" ?). And where obtainium

** They are called "bantam" or TT jacks and plugs.

Made by Switchcraft and others.

http://au.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...jsp?SKU=745558

Can't find one anywhere. I need 2 inline stereo sockets that size.

** Lotsa luck.

...... Phil

Also Studiospares and other firms dealing in stuff for sound studios. Even
if it's not made anymore, those firms will buy old stocks because they can
always find buyers of small numbers of parts.