Mikey

Default Ebay scam or legit?

Hi folks,
I recently made my first ever bid on Flea-bay and came in 2nd. After
the auction ended, I got this email from " (I've
edited names & #s only):
============

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response.
This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding
system.

Message From eBay Member

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without
bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us
immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to
another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also
extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system
regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit
of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant cash transfer services
such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Such services offer Internet
shoppers no protection against fraud.

Dear z,

***Do not reply to this email . Contact the seller at this e-mail
address : *** You expressed interest in an item titled "xxx"
(Item xxx) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another
member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller
of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid
price of US $x.00 . The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer
because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the
transaction. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange
Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services
associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase
this item, don't reply to this mail, just contact the seller at
. Thank you, eBay, Inc ***Do not reply to this email .
Contact the seller at this e-mail address :
***

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our
Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay
will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank
account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or
Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to
protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account
Protection.

This eBay notice was sent to
based on your
eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To
change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to
receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
=======

Scam or real? What think you? Has anyone ever gotten one of these? Did
you follow up? Did it work out? Please post to group and not
privately.

Thanks a heap,

Mikey
Nova Music Productions

Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 26 December 5th 04 11:07 PM
WARNING- EBAY API CONSOLE SCAM MHLINE Pro Audio 4 December 22nd 03 07:08 AM
WARNING- ebay scam API console MHLINE Pro Audio 0 December 20th 03 01:48 AM
Ebay Scam WillStG Pro Audio 21 December 14th 03 09:23 PM
Yet another eBay scam? Stolen ID? Chris Coleman Pro Audio 6 September 9th 03 07:59 PM