Gareth Quale

Default Kenwood AV Surround Processor SS-79 Connections

I bought the subject unit at an estate sale this weekend for a few bucks to
experiment with. Good condition, but no instructions, and I don't find it
on the Kenwood/Support website. It has three pairs of L & R phono jacks
labeled "Line In", "Line Out", and "Pre Out", plus two pair of speaker
connections. I'm guessing I would connect preamp outputs from my receiver
to the "Line In", but I don't have such separate preamp outputs on my
receiver. I'm wondering if I can use the receiver outputs to the tape deck
as an alternative signal source, and if perhaps the "Line Out" jacks were
meant to complete the unaltered signal path to the tape deck inputs? I am
also unsure of the function of the "Pre Out" jacks, and wonder whether they
might be for use with a more robust external amplifier for the surround
speakers.

Is anyone familiar with this device to confirm my connection guesses? Does
anyone know of an on-line source of older equipment operating manuals?
Thanks in advance, Gary Q