Richard Kuschel

Default Need your help

I am not a professional at this by any means. But one way to go is to line
the
room/stage with dampening material. This provides the raw music and the
acoustics can be simulated with mixing process. However, it really just
depends
on the type of music. Music with many tracks like metal, rock, or punk usually
overall acoustics are less important. If are recording an artist who only
sings
and plays acoustic guitar, room acoustics matter much more as they will
be
heard in the final recording. Like I said, i am no expert, I dont have a
recording studio or have ever recorded an artist(s).

Bad idea.

Completely killing the acoustics in a room and then thinking that you can
recreate them from a box in the mixing process is not a great way to get good
sound.

It works for some stuff, but really stinks on a lot of stuff.

Richard H. Kuschel