Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
None None is offline

Default What's with all these new SIXohm Stereo Speakers coming out?!

wrote in message
geoff wrote: "- show quoted text -
No. 4 or 8 are the common specs, but the spec is for the minimum
load
impedance, so ann amp specced at 8 ohms *may* have trouble with a 6
ohm
load on peaks, but a 4 ohm output won't have any problem at all..

And 16 doesn't matter - if your amp will do the lower ones, it'll be
just fine with a lesser load (= higher Z).

geoff "

So you're saying that I can safely hook up speakers with a 4ohm
sticker on the back to my 8-16ohm receiver, but not a 6ohm.

No he's not saying that at all. If you do that, you might overheat
your amplifier, or cause distortion. There's that reading
comprehension problem again: the story of your life.

Clear as mud to me, but I'll trust you on this.

You're ****ing retard.