Default The pleasures of a gentleman of leisure

Patrick's remarks the other day on crying at the beauty of Sutherland's
voice inspired me to move my Handel tray to the top. Currently I'm
playing Alcina with Guilio Cesare waiting next on the stack. Sutherland
truly is divine.

Wonderful how much time you have for music and reading and thinking
once you killfile even a single troll!

Reading Enigma by Robert Harris, Death in Sicily by Peter Robb (by far
the most literarily exuberant travel writer now alive, and Paul
Johnston's History of the 20th Century (various names in various
countries--in the States probably called The Devil's Decades).

I suppose I'll have to get back to work sometime.

Andre Jute

Patrick Turner

" wrote:

Patrick's remarks the other day on crying at the beauty of Sutherland's
voice inspired me to move my Handel tray to the top. Currently I'm
playing Alcina with Guilio Cesare waiting next on the stack. Sutherland
truly is divine.

Sutherland was a rare flower, her voice at its best should bring a grown
man to tears.
She probably sang to long into older age when ppl
should retire, and in opera castings ill suited to her age, and size.
But everyone loved her voice.

Wonderful how much time you have for music and reading and thinking
once you killfile even a single troll!

Reading Enigma by Robert Harris, Death in Sicily by Peter Robb (by far
the most literarily exuberant travel writer now alive, and Paul
Johnston's History of the 20th Century (various names in various
countries--in the States probably called The Devil's Decades).

I suppose I'll have to get back to work sometime.

If only soldering would do itself, and things to be fixed
decided to heal themselves instead of slide into disrepair.

Its a wonder some gear doesn't just say to itself,
"Well i better just fix myself for once today, I see him
pulling bits out of that other poor gear, and reaching in with horrid hot
iron,
and smoke comin out...."
Some does of course, and it goes back home with the client.
At his place its " TeeHee, I fooled that horrible man with those
pliers and soldering iron, I can **** up again now.."
This explains how the motion of a car trip
will heal a dry joint, for awhile.

Andre Jute

We need work that does itself, electric petrol,
and oh, PCs that never **** up.

Then the Sutherland falls on ears less stressed,
and stress is the greatest distorter of all.

Patrick Turner.

Iain M Churches

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

" wrote:

Patrick's remarks the other day on crying at the beauty of Sutherland's
voice inspired me to move my Handel tray to the top. Currently I'm
playing Alcina with Guilio Cesare waiting next on the stack. Sutherland
truly is divine.

Sutherland was a rare flower, her voice at its best should bring a grown
man to tears.
She probably sang to long into older age when ppl
should retire, and in opera castings ill suited to her age, and size.
But everyone loved her voice.

And she loved to sing - it was her life.
Probably for someone as gifted as she,
to stop singing meant to stop living.

Iain

Iain M Churches

wrote in message
oups.com...

Wonderful how much time you have for music and reading and thinking
once you killfile even a single troll!

My sentiments exactly. It's nice to get back to reality:-)

Iain

Patrick Turner

" wrote:

Patrick's remarks the other day on crying at the beauty of Sutherland's
voice inspired me to move my Handel tray to the top. Currently I'm
playing Alcina with Guilio Cesare waiting next on the stack. Sutherland
truly is divine.

Sutherland was a rare flower, her voice at its best should bring a grown
man to tears.
She probably sang too long into older age when ppl
should retire, and in opera castings ill suited to her age, and size.
But everyone loved her voice.

And she loved to sing - it was her life.
Probably for someone as gifted as she,
to stop singing meant to stop living.

Most of her life went by before I ever was mature enough to be affected by the
way
she sung.
Young men don't read books and can't stand opera.

Where many just sing to earn a living,
Dame Joan lived for singing.

When I was in the building game, I used to love having
opera playing from the FM radio when I got to the end of a job,
and I painted what I'd built.
With good italian opera, the paint flows on from roller and brush
ever so easily.

Dat hipperty hoppity rubbish jus' don't ever do it fo me.

Patrick Turner.

Iain

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"

When I was in the building game, I used to love having
opera playing from the FM radio when I got to the end of a job,
and I painted what I'd built.
With good italian opera, the paint flows on from roller and brush
ever so easily.

** Bet the Turneroid Autistic really gets hyped up listening to Faust.

Synopsis extract:

" He curses science and faith and asks for infernal guidance. "

............ Phil

Patrick Turner

Phil Allison wrote:

"Patrick Turner"

When I was in the building game, I used to love having
opera playing from the FM radio when I got to the end of a job,
and I painted what I'd built.
With good italian opera, the paint flows on from roller and brush
ever so easily.

** Bet the Turneroid Autistic really gets hyped up listening to Faust.

Synopsis extract:

" He curses science and faith and asks for infernal guidance. "

Didst he pact with a devil make, and abandoneth his soul?
I doth hear the syllables contorted,
the sound of operas rent meaning and the truth purported,
So I am left quite puzzled, is it a tale about a ghoul?

Patrick Turner.