Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:43:52 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton a écrit :
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:48:20 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"Lionel" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't any heroes.

Of course not, you are French.

This wasn't exactly my point but thank you for the compliment.

How do you know if there's a war in Europe?

Paris is occupied. :-)

My grand-father who was in Verdun used to say :
"An assault with an English company is the most dangerous...
because they're so terrified that they shoot you in the back".

Agreed - that's why the Scotttish Highland Regiments do all the real
fighting.............

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

The french words are "loyal" and "loyauté" not my fault if
the mass media and tabloids from the Perfid Albion don't
know that.

Seems that these would refer to loyalty, a somewhat different concept,
but then I'm not much of a francophone. Perhaps of course Lionel
simply does not understand the concept of fair play? :-)

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:20:13 -0500, George M. Middius
wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

Lionel

wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton a écrit :
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:48:20 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"Lionel" wrote in message
.. .

I haven't any heroes.

Of course not, you are French.

This wasn't exactly my point but thank you for the compliment.

How do you know if there's a war in Europe?

Paris is occupied. :-)

My grand-father who was in Verdun used to say :
"An assault with an English company is the most dangerous...
because they're so terrified that they shoot you in the back".

Agreed - that's why the Scotttish Highland Regiments do all the real
fighting.............

I was only speaking about the Englishs.
You are right concerning the Scottishs, Canadians, Australians, guys from
New Zealand but English were notorious cowards ! :-D

Since you seem to be interested in war history I would like to put you a
question.
Is it because the Wehrmacht has given your army a swimming lesson in
Dunkerque 1940 that the RAF have bombed the German *civilian* population
killing 100s thousand of innocents in 1945 ?

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

The french words are "loyal" and "loyauté" not my fault if
the mass media and tabloids from the Perfid Albion don't
know that.

Seems that these would refer to loyalty, a somewhat different concept,
but then I'm not much of a francophone. Perhaps of course Lionel
simply does not understand the concept of fair play? :-)

I will give you a little lesson of French because with history this seems to
be one of your major lack. The exact French translation for "fair play" is
"à la loyale". This expression was use for sport, duel, and games in
general... So use in this context it is not a different concept, this
literally means "following the rules".

Sorry to destroy one of your prefered English legend. ;-)

George M. Middius

Stewie said:

The french words are "loyal" and "loyauté" not my fault if
the mass media and tabloids from the Perfid Albion don't
know that.

Seems that these would refer to loyalty, a somewhat different concept,
but then I'm not much of a francophone. Perhaps of course Lionel
simply does not understand the concept of fair play? :-)

Sluttie does commend Krooger's "command of logic" and "perspicacité de la
rhétorique". That should give you an idea of her general standards. Oh, and
she adores the vinified potable you Brits call "plonk".

George M. Middius

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:00:48 -0500, George M. Middius
wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Tsk tsk, such ignorance from Hiddius. Only two countries refer to that
product as 'whisky', Scotland and Canada. Everywhere else, it's
whiskey. It's no fun when you have to *explain* your jokes........

dave weil

wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Tsk tsk, such ignorance from Hiddius. Only two countries refer to that
product as 'whisky', Scotland and Canada. Everywhere else, it's
whiskey. It's no fun when you have to *explain* your jokes........

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.
Lionel

wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair
play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Tsk tsk, such ignorance from Hiddius. Only two countries refer to that
product as 'whisky', Scotland and Canada. Everywhere else, it's
whiskey. It's no fun when you have to *explain* your jokes........

Why are you so cruel ? It's not really "fairplay".

:-D
George M. Middius

dave weil said:

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.

And later that day, the Scottish Omelet.

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Tsk tsk, such ignorance from Hiddius. Only two countries refer to that
product as 'whisky', Scotland and Canada. Everywhere else, it's
whiskey. It's no fun when you have to *explain* your jokes........

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.

Nae need tae invent the moose, laddie. Thae wee buggers have been
after ma cheese fur years! Mind ye, I'd no like tae travel tae
Scandinavia, where they tell me that a moose can wreck a Mercedes!

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:04:04 -0500, George M. Middius
wrote:

dave weil said:

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.

And later that day, the Scottish Omelet.

Oh dear, not another sick joke from Hiddius, RAO's very own sick
joke.................

Lionel

wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Tsk tsk, such ignorance from Hiddius. Only two countries refer to that
product as 'whisky', Scotland and Canada. Everywhere else, it's
whiskey. It's no fun when you have to *explain* your jokes........

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.

Nae need tae invent the moose, laddie. Thae wee buggers have been
after ma cheese fur years! Mind ye, I'd no like tae travel tae
Scandinavia, where they tell me that a moose can wreck a Mercedes!

You see it's immediatly better when you know what you are
speaking about.

;-)
George M. Middius

Stewbie said:

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.

And later that day, the Scottish Omelet.

Oh dear, not another sick joke from Hiddius, RAO's very own sick
joke.................

It's not my fault you get so drunk that you don't care what you eat.

BTW, are you back in the States these days? The Krooborg is supposedly
going to impale himself on the bright light of reality in NYC. You should
make plans to attend and cheer him on.

.................................................. .................

dave weil

wrote:

Stewbie said:

What's the French word for 'fair play'?

It's 'le fairplay', because there *is* no French word for fair play...

Which country named itself after a whisky?

Canada?

I believe that would have been "after a whiskey", per your own rules of
orthography.

Tsk tsk, such ignorance from Hiddius. Only two countries refer to that
product as 'whisky', Scotland and Canada. Everywhere else, it's
whiskey. It's no fun when you have to *explain* your jokes........

And after two whiskies, they invented the moose.

Nae need tae invent the moose, laddie. Thae wee buggers have been
after ma cheese fur years! Mind ye, I'd no like tae travel tae
Scandinavia, where they tell me that a moose can wreck a Mercedes!

That's because they never learned to drive a stick shift...