Default plug ins for bizarre sounds

I'm working on a project that requires some bizarre sounds. My idea is
to take something normal (piano, violin, etc.) and warp it through
effects only. Up to now I've been working to achieve transparency and
realism from effects, but now I'm looking for the other side of the
coin. Any suggestions for VST or DX plug ins?

~ Avery

WillStG

Well a lot of studios have Waves plugin bundles, and I have quite
enjoyed warping sounds (especially voiceovers) with the Doppler plug-in
and the Enigma plug-in. The Doppler plugin lets you define a path you
want the sound to travel through and trigger it when you want it to
start (or restart), but you can try just using it in mono as well for
the picth effects. Mostly used it for comedic effects though.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Staff Audio / Fox News Channel / M-AES
"the large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

Ricky Hunt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm working on a project that requires some bizarre sounds. My idea is
to take something normal (piano, violin, etc.) and warp it through
effects only. Up to now I've been working to achieve transparency and
realism from effects, but now I'm looking for the other side of the
coin. Any suggestions for VST or DX plug ins?

~ Avery

How bizarre do you want? Do you want the original sound to be totally
unrecognizable? If so, then look to something like the grain-synthesis or
bit-mangler type plugins. They don't do much for me but it might be what you
want.

Bob Vandiver

In article . com,
"WillStG" wrote:

Well a lot of studios have Waves plugin bundles, and I have quite
enjoyed warping sounds (especially voiceovers) with the Doppler plug-in
and the Enigma plug-in. The Doppler plugin lets you define a path you
want the sound to travel through and trigger it when you want it to
start (or restart), but you can try just using it in mono as well for
the picth effects. Mostly used it for comedic effects though.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Staff Audio / Fox News Channel / M-AES
"the large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

GRM Tools can do some serious sound pollution. Ohm Boys too, if you can
work with VST or AU. Sound Toys have a couple of fairly twisted plugs.

Bob V
Geoff Duncan

Kurt Riemann wrote in message
On 13 Jun 2005 14:35:10 -0700, wrote:

I'm working on a project that requires some bizarre sounds. My idea is
to take something normal (piano, violin, etc.) and warp it through
effects only. Up to now I've been working to achieve transparency and
realism from effects, but now I'm looking for the other side of the
coin. Any suggestions for VST or DX plug ins?

~ Avery

Go no further than this -

http://www.cycling74.com/products/pluggo.html

The best $200 you'll ever spend.

Kurt Riemann

Or for some awesome free plugins check out www.kvr-vst.com

I use a few from their site, including wierd delays, manglers, modulators,
filters etc.

Have a look!

cheers

Geoff

Mike Rocha

OhmBoyz, and OhmForce plug-ins. Nothing like them. Also do a search for
"free/freeware plug-ins" on google. There is a huge number of people
that program audio plug-ins for kicks and post them for free. I've found
some of the craziest stuff ever that way.

Roach

wrote:
I'm working on a project that requires some bizarre sounds. My idea is
to take something normal (piano, violin, etc.) and warp it through
effects only. Up to now I've been working to achieve transparency and
realism from effects, but now I'm looking for the other side of the
coin. Any suggestions for VST or DX plug ins?

~ Avery

Lugnuts

Any of the vocoder type plugins will mangle they shyte out of things.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

WillStG wrote:
Well a lot of studios have Waves plugin bundles, and I have quite
enjoyed warping sounds (especially voiceovers) with the Doppler plug-in
and the Enigma plug-in. The Doppler plugin lets you define a path you
want the sound to travel through and trigger it when you want it to
start (or restart), but you can try just using it in mono as well for
the picth effects. Mostly used it for comedic effects though.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Staff Audio / Fox News Channel / M-AES
"the large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

Pro Tools Plug In Question song writer Pro Audio 4 March 2nd 05 01:59 AM
* New Kontakt Sounds * Kid Nepro Pro Audio 0 November 29th 04 07:49 PM
Getting crunchy distortion sounds from the amp without guitar effects groundhog Pro Audio 2 October 13th 04 06:30 AM
Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM
Pro tools Ilok Plug ins Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:41 PM