John York

Default Carver 4.0T Amp Problem

Hi guys.
This amp is 12 or 13 years old. I have noticed that the highs and
midrange are starting to sound a bit scratchy. I thought it was the
speakers at first, but I tried another amp source they sound good.
Is it time for me to get a new amp? Or does this sound like something
that I might be able to have fixed, or fix myself if not real
involved. Or is it worth it.
The tuner/preamp is a Carver CT7. I haven't bypassed that yet to see
if that could be the culprit. But from what I have been reading in the
group it is probably in the amp.
Thanks for any advice.
John York
Remove (nospam) to reply by e-mail