Not the Karl Orff

Default Nakamichi OMS-7 CD problem

I have an old Nakamichi OMS7 CD player. The trouble it is having is
that it will not find track 0 on some CDs, will play some for a bit then
start to skip, and will play others perfectly, and rarely, some
combination of the others for certain CDs. Sometimes, I can te a
intermittent CD to play by rotatin it 1/4 turn before retrying. Any
idea what the problem is and if it can be fixed easily? My aim is to
replace it with a Shanling CD-T100 eventually.

---MIKE---

I also have an OMS-7. I am not using it now because I am using a
separate DAC (MSB Link) and the Nak has no digital output. I have it
boxed up in storage. When I first got it I had a lot of trouble reading
some CDs especially the last tracks on long CDs. I sent it back to
Nakamichi for "alignment" and after that it was fine. You might want to
try a laser cleaning disc and if that doesn't help, find a good
Nakamichi service center.

-MIKE