ahmed_y2kin

Default Idle tones

Hello Everyone,

I have designed an 1-bit ADC for low power Audio application. I am
observing some idle tones in the audio band although the sampling
frequency is ~2Mhz.
Furthermore I note that increasing the DC offset I can move the idle
tone frequency beyond audio band. What I dont undertsand is that there
are three tones appearing to be harmonics of eachother where are these
coming from.

I would like someone to help me understand the phenomenon he

Whats causing the tones to appear in the audio band?. is it due to
repetetive 1-bit quantizer output patterns causing this idle tones to
appear.

If i use this A/D in a system with sub-frequencies of the sampling
frequency e.g 1MHz output driver would there be also some kind of
intermodulation making other tones appear.

Whats the best solution: Would using a single tone pulse dither be
sufficient to add noise and remove these tones. What frequency should
I choose a sub-clock of the sampling clock or a new frequency. Also
what could be the simplest single tone dithering circuit.

I will appreciate any quick responses.

Regards