NiteDawg

Default The shuffle mode

I have a 400 disc cd player.....love it except for one problem-When in
the shuffle mode (Shuffle all discs) the player seems to be ignoring
about 200+ of the 400 discs...since I bought it just for the shuffle
feature this is very frustrating.....my question is this...Will this
machine (Sony CDP CX455) eventually play all the discs?....when not in
use If I leave the unit powered on(in the stop mode) continuously will
ths help to keep the shuffle from resetting and starting over?.....also,
if I leave it on 24/7 will it create more wear and tear on the
unit?......I would think in the pause or stop mode the power consumption
would be minimal....right?

Geoff Wood

"NiteDawg" wrote in message
I have a 400 disc cd player.....love it except for one problem-When in
the shuffle mode (Shuffle all discs) the player seems to be ignoring
about 200+ of the 400 discs...

Or maybe you are losing attention span after over a soilid week of listening

since I bought it just for the shuffle
feature this is very frustrating.....my question is this...Will this
machine (Sony CDP CX455) eventually play all the discs?....

Probably.

when not in
use If I leave the unit powered on(in the stop mode) continuously will
ths help to keep the shuffle from resetting and starting over?....

Dunno
..also,
if I leave it on 24/7 will it create more wear and tear on the
unit?......I would think in the pause or stop mode the power consumption
would be minimal....right?

Yes, but power consumption is not 'wear and tear'. One week of 24/7 use
will cause 168 hours of wear and tear. Leaving permanent on something
electromechanical like this may not be such a good idea as leaving on, say,
and amplifier, as there lubricants and moving parts that may wear/dry out on
the player.

geoff

What is "Counter mode" + "0" on Sony DAT? Corinna Vinschen General 4 June 12th 04 08:58 AM
CD changers: shuffle play Mark Shaw General 0 June 1st 04 03:52 AM
EAC and Burst Mode..... Alex Pro Audio 0 December 4th 03 09:57 PM
Yamaha DM series Question (DM2000 DM1000 02R96) 'single speed mode' at 96/88,2K Andreas Neubert Pro Audio 1 July 4th 03 04:28 PM
Update to my Graphical Room Mode Calculator Roger W. Norman Pro Audio 1 July 1st 03 02:48 PM