Geoff Wood

Default PC audio test software

I know I've asked before, but I forgot the rep[ly and google can't find it
(or I don't ask it the right question ...)

I'm looking for the best audio test signal generator and 'storage scope'
applications. Google again only seems to find lots of 'not quite' apps.
Needs to capture and save waveforms to (preferably) JPG.

Any suggestions welcomed.

geoff

Arny Krueger

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message
news
I know I've asked before, but I forgot the rep[ly and google can't
find it (or I don't ask it the right question ...)

I'm looking for the best audio test signal generator and 'storage
scope' applications. Google again only seems to find lots of 'not
quite' apps. Needs to capture and save waveforms to (preferably) JPG.

Any suggestions welcomed.

If you want to make arbitrary waveforms and then capture and save them as
graphics, then let me recommend Cool Edit, now known as Adobe Audition.

Audition provides many tools for generating all kinds of waves, and it also
provides tools for capturing them and presenting them as graphics with
different time and amplitude scales.

BTW, saving high contrast line art such as waves as JPG files is a waste,
because .GIFs will do a better job with less processing and produce smaller
files for a given level of resolution.