DaveDrummer

Default Small digital recorder

I like to think up a lot of rock n blues riffs in my head, the problem is I
always forget them before I get a pen and paper or a guitar or something.
Can someone recommend a cheap ($40) and small digital recorder that could
help me?

Dave

Ben Bradley

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:50:15 GMT, "DaveDrummer"
wrote:

I like to think up a lot of rock n blues riffs in my head, the problem is I
always forget them before I get a pen and paper or a guitar or something.
Can someone recommend a cheap ($40) and small digital recorder that could
help me?

The only digital thing I've seen in that price range is an old
Pentium PC (yes, with soundcard) at the thrift store, but it's
probably too big to fit your idea of small, especially when you add
(CRT-based) monitor, keyboard and mouse.
For more money you can get a Minidisc, portable MP3 recorder or
something similar.
If you drop the "digital" requirement (which is artificial anyway)
you can get a portable cassette recorder within your price range at
(once again) the thrift store.

Dave

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Richard Kuschel

I like to think up a lot of rock n blues riffs in my head, the problem is
always forget them before I get a pen and paper or a guitar or something.
Can someone recommend a cheap ($40) and small digital recorder that could
help me?

Dave

Why does t have to be digital?

A cassette or microcassette dictation unit will serve for this purpose. The
sound won't be great, but neither is a $40 digital recorder.

Richard H. Kuschel
Scott Dorsey

wrote:

I like to think up a lot of rock n blues riffs in my head, the problem is I
always forget them before I get a pen and paper or a guitar or something.
Can someone recommend a cheap ($40) and small digital recorder that could
help me?

The only digital thing I've seen in that price range is an old
Pentium PC (yes, with soundcard) at the thrift store, but it's
probably too big to fit your idea of small, especially when you add
(CRT-based) monitor, keyboard and mouse.
For more money you can get a Minidisc, portable MP3 recorder or
something similar.
If you drop the "digital" requirement (which is artificial anyway)
you can get a portable cassette recorder within your price range at
(once again) the thrift store.

Zoom makes a little box that I see a lot of folks using, which is about
three times your price range. If you have a palm pilot or into the palm
pilot thing, you can probably get a cheap voice grade interface for that.

OR you can make it a point to carry around a pocket notepad with you wherever
you go. This is useful for all kinds of things.

Craig Ramseur

I carry an Olympus digital voice recorder for these situations. You can
get cheaper ones from Sony, Panasonic, Olympus. Mine is small enough to
carry in my suit pocket. Do a search on eBay for "digital voice recorder".

An analog tape machine is much bigger, unless you go for the ones which use
answering machine tapes.
If you want to actually record yourself playing, most have a built-in mic
which isn't very good fro that purpose (but is fine for dictating/singing
into just to preserve the riff/idea).

--
Now Go Play!

Craig Ramseur